This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

INTERNET EXPLORER (ie browser)

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Now that I have a little time to try and figure out what is wrong with my IE browser, I would like to pose this question to you. About a year ago I had a spyware infection on my computer, which really did a number to my IE browser. Since then I do not use IE I use Netscape. Although, I know I still have IE installed on my computer SOMEWHERE, I can not save it to my desktop or configure it correctly to use as a browser. Any ideas? Thanks <_<
We need a Hijack This log file to be able to analyze what is happening on your computer. If you do not have a copy of Hijack This please follow the instructions in order: (if you have HJT please make certain HJT is in it's own folder and follow instructions 4 to 6)
1. Please go to your 'My Documents' folder, right-click and select 'New > Folder' and name the folder 'Hijack This'.

2. Download Hijackthis to the new folder from this website: http:/www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

3. Double Click on 'HijackThis.zip' to extract and install HijackThis.exe to the new folder.

4. SCAN with HJT and SAVE LOG. (a notepad window will open with the log in it when you click Save Log) (Ctrl-A to'select all', Ctrl-C to 'copy')

5. POST the log in the HijackThis Logs and Spyware/Malware Removal forum (Ctrl-V to 'paste'). An expert will pick up the log to work on as soon as possible. Please be patient, we are very busy and it make take a few days.
DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI