Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

INTERNET EXPLORER (ie browser)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NicoleD

NicoleD

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:Social Media, Marketing, IT, Graphic Design, Real Estate

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:55 AM

Now that I have a little time to try and figure out what is wrong with my IE browser, I would like to pose this question to you. About a year ago I had a spyware infection on my computer, which really did a number to my IE browser. Since then I do not use IE I use Netscape. Although, I know I still have IE installed on my computer SOMEWHERE, I can not save it to my desktop or configure it correctly to use as a browser. Any ideas? Thanks <_<

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Juiceman

Juiceman

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:58 PM

use firefox or opera mate

#3 Guest_nyankeec_*

Guest_nyankeec_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:15 AM

We need a Hijack This log file to be able to analyze what is happening on your computer. If you do not have a copy of Hijack This please follow the instructions in order: (if you have HJT please make certain HJT is in it's own folder and follow instructions 4 to 6)
1. Please go to your 'My Documents' folder, right-click and select 'New > Folder' and name the folder 'Hijack This'.

2. Download Hijackthis to the new folder from this website: http:/www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

3. Double Click on 'HijackThis.zip' to extract and install HijackThis.exe to the new folder.

4. SCAN with HJT and SAVE LOG. (a notepad window will open with the log in it when you click Save Log) (Ctrl-A to'select all', Ctrl-C to 'copy')

5. POST the log in the HijackThis Logs and Spyware/Malware Removal forum (Ctrl-V to 'paste'). An expert will pick up the log to work on as soon as possible. Please be patient, we are very busy and it make take a few days.
DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER

#4 NicoleD

NicoleD

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:Social Media, Marketing, IT, Graphic Design, Real Estate

Posted 03 August 2005 - 11:35 AM

Okay, I'll do that and repost. Thank you. :D