Your reading my mind. But, unfortunately I turned off system restore because everytime I did a scan for viruses, the anti-virus would continue to find the virus in the previous restore over and over again.
So, I turned it off and when I realized that I could just restore to the original install point or atleast before I started deleating all of the virus' and etc. But, when you do that the and then go back and enable it the next restore point is at the time you re-activate system restore. I'm so stupid sometimes…..
I was able to restore networking services after I ran the Winsock fix again. It seems that one of the viruses removed from a couple posts ago messed with the Winsock dll's.
I've had the machine running now for about a week and everything seems to be operational. I continue to run ewido, Trend Pc-cillin/spyware removal tool, counterspy, spybot and microsoft's beta spyware program. Everything continues to come up clean.
I would say everything is fixed.
I could have never of got things done without your help. I'm forever in your debt. I hope someone is able to learn from my mistakes.
Thanks again.
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.
Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.