I'm working on a Toshiba Satellite A15-S129 laptop.
The OS is trashed so I figured I'd use the restore cd, no problem right?
Well I looked the in the bios, and there is a listing for the boot priority but no way to change it.
I went to toshiba's site and they say there are several options to change the boot priorty.
All options are executed at power on.
One option is to press C. Nothing.
Second option press F2. Nothing.
Third option press F12 and use arrows to move through the colored icons. This laptop has the colored icons, but pressing F12 doesn't give the option to select between them.
The restore CD is fresh out of the sealed package so I'm confident it is good. I tried other bootable CDs as well no luck.
I pulled the harddrive to try to see if the CD was working. It seems to skip over the CD in the boot priority going straight to LAN giving me PXE errors.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Not Registered..? Thats odd..
I suppose its not showing the drive in BIOS either then..? You need find out what type of cd drive it is (my guess would be Mitsumi) and load the drivers for it. Mitsumi is a more popular one that drivers are loaded in DOS..
Do you have an original Windows installation CD? That, too, will get you were you want to go.
Next to the Password field it says: Not Registered
Entering a password did not 'unlock' the Boot Priority settings.
I have a Win XP CD, Win2k CD, and the System Restore CD.
No matter what I put in the drive it never does anything but goes to the:
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command prompt
.
.
.
Screen
No mater what option I select, it reboots after loading.
As I mentioned, I pulled the HD and with the above CDs in the drive, it skips to Network boot (the last in the priority list).