This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet loads SLOOOOW

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:rant2: I don't know what is going on. I can sign into AOL IM and I can check my email through Outlook Express. But it is taking YEARS (seems like) to bring the internet up!! I contacted my DSL provider thinking it was a problem with them but after talking to me for an hour like I was a full blown idiot they proceeded to tell me that A) It is not thier problem and B) I probably had a virus. Well, it took me FOUR HOURS to open BitDefender and run an online scan (Trendmicro never would load) and it says I do not have any viruses. It did detect a couple of istbar things and deleted them but this did not improve my internet speed. Is there something else I can do???
Is it just the net thats slow..? Click on My Computer and then C:\ and see if that is slow to open as well.. If you use AOL's browser you may simply need to purge artwork. Which I will go into if thats the case.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI