This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Uninstalling my video driver? How?

7 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey, it's Daniel! Recently I'm having trouble concerning my monitor, as it keeps going black back and forth, back and forth. I found out that probably my driver is damaged so why not give it a shot and re-installing it. I searched on Intel website, and found a GMA update.. It's downloaded and put in the desktop at this time and waiting to do its job :D The problem is, I looked over in Add/Remove programs and no sign of Intel driver. So where to uninstall it? Thanks in advance
Doug, it needs updating, I have SP3. I have a French version, so I don't know which one is display adapters.. Is it 'Cartes graphiques'?
The question I asked do not even require going to that website. My question is simple, I have a French version, what is 'display adapters' in French?

Under Cartes Graphiques, I have Intel Q33 Express chipset family, is it the one I need to remove?


Will you please take a ScreenShot of your device manager.
Perhaps we can identify your graphics adapter.

The Intel Q33 Express chipset family does supply enhancements for graphics adapter, but you may also have a dedicated PCIe card installed?
Expand the item: Cartes Graphiques (by clicking on the + sign in front of that item) that should expand the list and show you what graphic adapter is physically present. It is possible that you have only native onboard graphic adapter solution. Give us another shot, with the above item expanded.
Is this your machine?
http://www.interbolt.eu/category/h%C3%ADrl…gb-sata-dvd-260

Here's the specs (in third column)
http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/UKFAQ/Profes…ts/ds_esprimo_p[8].pdf

It appears that your machine relies upon onboard graphics as Intel GMA 3100

Therefore you have already downloaded the correct Chipset Driver.

Under Cartes Graphiques, I have Intel Q33 Express chipset family, is it the one I need to remove?

and also the one to reinstall.

Uninstall via Device manager and then select Manual installation, navigate to where you have saved the Chipset driver, and reinstall.
______________________

It is still "possible" that your machine utilizes a dedicated graphics card of either nVidia Geforce 9500 or 8400.

You would be able to see the graphics card if it is installed.
(In the Black PCIe slot toward the bottom/back)
📎ESPRIMO_P5720.jpg

Otherwise your machine is running with the onboard graphics chip.
That"s exactly my machine. What do you mean by manual installation? Here are my steps; correct me if I'm wrong: Device Manager - Cartes Graphiques - Intel Q33 Express Chipset Family - Driver tab - Uninstall.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI