Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Deleting Ubuntu

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_murtu52_*

Guest_murtu52_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:04 PM

Well, I've recently tested out Ubuntu Linux, and i've decided its just not for me. It was on a really old laptop, and there were too many errors....so, i've decided to delete the Ubuntu partition and start using my Windows 2000 partition again (which Grub, for some reason, never identified). Only 1 problem: How do i delete the Ubuntu partition? Whenever i put in a CD (boot sequence is CD first) it says cannot run, code: 5. I cannot run the windows 2000 cd from Ubuntu for obvious reasons, but the same applies to knoppix and DS linux. This laptop doesn't have a floppy so i can't boot into DOS, and i'm not sure if it supports booting from USB. Any ideas? I really want to get back to using windows, Linux is a nightmare to configure :). Thanks, i really need the help.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 14 July 2005 - 01:04 AM

put the windows 2000 disk in... reboot.. when it asks (which, if booting from cd is first in line... it will ask) "Press any key to boot from cd"... do so.. and follow the instructions.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 Guest_murtu52_*

Guest_murtu52_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:58 PM

put the windows 2000 disk in... reboot.. when it asks (which, if booting from cd is first in line... it will ask) "Press any key to boot from cd"... do so.. and follow the instructions.

View Post

So while Ubuntu is running, put the cd in, then reboot? I'll try that as soon as i get the chance....

#4 HARBIC

HARBIC

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:51 AM

FOR ME WHEN I WANT TO DELETE UBUNTU
I PUT WIN98 BOOTABLE CD IN THE CDROM
BOOT START FROM CD
RESTART COMPUTER
I CHOOSE FOR EXAMPLE H://FDESK
TO PARTITION THE HARD ONCE AGAIN
AS IF IT IS ANEW HARD DESK
-----------------------------------
-------------------------------------
OR TO USE PARTITION MAGIC CD TO CHOOSE START FROM CD

TO FORMAT THE PARTITION OF UBUNTU

WITH FAT32

----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:17 AM

Hi HARBIC, Thanks for your contribution here, although the thread is quite an old one....it started in 2005. However lots of folks who have similar problems to the original poster will be helped and encouraged by your response as they often search for solutions and may find it among the older threads. We don't have too many folks posting on Linux issues so your knowledge and experience will be invaluable here. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#6 HARBIC

HARBIC

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:13 AM

:D THANKS A LOT AND WE WILL PROVIDE OTHERS WITH WHAT WE KNOW
Posted Image