This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Deleting Ubuntu

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Well, I've recently tested out Ubuntu Linux, and i've decided its just not for me. It was on a really old laptop, and there were too many errors….so, i've decided to delete the Ubuntu partition and start using my Windows 2000 partition again (which Grub, for some reason, never identified). Only 1 problem: How do i delete the Ubuntu partition? Whenever i put in a CD (boot sequence is CD first) it says cannot run, code: 5. I cannot run the windows 2000 cd from Ubuntu for obvious reasons, but the same applies to knoppix and DS linux. This laptop doesn't have a floppy so i can't boot into DOS, and i'm not sure if it supports booting from USB. Any ideas? I really want to get back to using windows, Linux is a nightmare to configure :). Thanks, i really need the help.
put the windows 2000 disk in… reboot.. when it asks (which, if booting from cd is first in line… it will ask) "Press any key to boot from cd"… do so.. and follow the instructions.

put the windows 2000 disk in… reboot.. when it asks (which, if booting from cd is first in line… it will ask) "Press any key to boot from cd"… do so.. and follow the instructions.

185820


So while Ubuntu is running, put the cd in, then reboot? I'll try that as soon as i get the chance….
FOR ME WHEN I WANT TO DELETE UBUNTU
I PUT WIN98 BOOTABLE CD IN THE CDROM
BOOT START FROM CD
RESTART COMPUTER
I CHOOSE FOR EXAMPLE H://FDESK
TO PARTITION THE HARD ONCE AGAIN
AS IF IT IS ANEW HARD DESK
———————————–
————————————-
OR TO USE PARTITION MAGIC CD TO CHOOSE START FROM CD

TO FORMAT THE PARTITION OF UBUNTU

WITH FAT32

—————————————-
————————————————-

Hi HARBIC, Thanks for your contribution here, although the thread is quite an old one….it started in 2005. However lots of folks who have similar problems to the original poster will be helped and encouraged by your response as they often search for solutions and may find it among the older threads. We don't have too many folks posting on Linux issues so your knowledge and experience will be invaluable here. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI