This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Security Breach

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have been using several ad killers and antivirus programs to keep my pc clean of unwanted files, and yet I now have several that cant be removed by my programs. I currently use Anti-Vir XP, AVG 7.0, Ad-Aware SE, and SpyBot seracha and destroy, along side Zone Alarm. As of this post these programs are all up to date and have scanned my computer after being updated. When I scan using Anti-Vir I get a message warning me that archive files contain viruses and that they will not be fixed. I have tried running cleanmrg.exe after reading another post saying that this might work, but I still have bugs. Also after finding files and deleteing them, the same ones seem to magically return and beg zone alarm for internet access once again. Tonight I downloaded Hijackthis and scanned my pc in hopes of correcting these problems, here is the log file;

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:41:35 AM, on 7/4/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\logonui.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\shnlog.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\intel32.exe
C:\Program Files\Pixoria\Konfabulator\Konfabulator.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\intmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Beerded\My Documents\framxpro\FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winmine.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\msole32.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Beerded\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.oneclicksearches.com/search.php?qq=%1
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.oneclicksearches.com/bar.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.oneclicksearches.com/search.php?qq=%1
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.oneclicksearches.com/search.php?qq=%1
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://www.oneclicksearches.com/search.php?qq=%1
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.oneclicksearches.com/search.php?qq=%1
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = http://www.oneclicksearches.com/
R3 - URLSearchHook: AOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O2 - BHO: VMHomepage Class - {FFFFFFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFA} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\hpA08B.tmp (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ICQ Lite] C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe -minimize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVGCtrl] C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Required Service Drivers] micront.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [intel32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\intel32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Required Service Drivers] micront.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Required Service Drivers] micront.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "C:\Documents and Settings\Beerded\My Documents\framxpro\FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40.exe" -win
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [Required Service Drivers] micront.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [ICQ Lite] C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe -trayboot
O4 - Startup: Konfabulator.lnk = C:\Program Files\Pixoria\Konfabulator\Konfabulator.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - res://c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\aoltbhtml.dll/search.html
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: ICQ Lite - {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} - C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ Lite - {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} - C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://awbeta.net-nucleus.com (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {24311111-1111-1121-1111-111191113457} - file://c:\eied_s7.cab
O16 - DPF: {33331111-1111-1111-1111-611111193457} - file://c:\ex.cab
O16 - DPF: {33331111-1111-1111-1111-611111193458} - file://c:\ex.cab
O16 - DPF: {43331111-1111-1111-1111-611111195622} - file://c:\ex.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1118209906231
O16 - DPF: {A3009861-330C-4E10-822B-39D16EC8829D} (CRAVOnline Object) - http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ravonline.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{43FD0216-0F7D-4E1A-A404-2B6E83540FCA}: NameServer = 4.2.2.1 216.202.102.14
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{43FD0216-0F7D-4E1A-A404-2B6E83540FCA}: NameServer = 4.2.2.1 216.202.102.14
O21 - SSODL: SystemCheck2 - {54645654-2225-4455-44A1-9F4543D34545} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vbsys2.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: AntiVir Service (AntiVirService) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir Update (AVWUpSrv) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH, Germany - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE


I have been battleing thses for a couple weeks now, any help that I can get would be most appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Shane

ps. Is it a good idea to use another browser besides IE? I keep hearing of others that are "more secure" thanks again for your time and information.
I hope this helps too. Internet explorer now randomly shuts down all of its windows that I have open, and I keep getting a message that tells me that I have 4 spyware programs running and thats why my pc is slow. I have found the name of 2 programs that my pc says I have; iworm_attack_v122.02a and OHPE ver4.12_23 my pc also downloaded a 8 meg spyware scanner on its own. I also keep getting pop ups that want me to download more files like it from a site. I guess this is anti-popup popups. The scanner that it downloaded is called PC Guard, and after scanning on its own and finding some viruses it told me that it only cleaned files in the $$ version. It is now uninstalled :] Please help my pc is grinding to a halt and Hijackthis is my last resort. Thanks
Hello and welcome to the forums. Sorry for the delay in responding, but we have been pretty busy here lately. Can you please post a new log and I will be glad to review it.
Hi, I just did a fresh update, then scan with all my programs, then a reboot, and the ran hijack. Here is the log.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:34:40 AM, on 7/16/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Beerded\My Documents\framxpro\FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Pixoria\Konfabulator\Konfabulator.exe
C:\Program Files\Pixoria\Konfabulator\Konfabulator.exe
C:\Program Files\Pixoria\Konfabulator\Konfabulator.exe
C:\Program Files\Pixoria\Konfabulator\Konfabulator.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Pixoria\Konfabulator\UnixUtils\bin\sh.exe
C:\Program Files\Pixoria\Konfabulator\UnixUtils\usr\local\wbin\curl.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rasautou.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Beerded\My Documents\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R3 - URLSearchHook: AOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ICQ Lite] C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe -minimize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVGCtrl] C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Required Service Drivers] micront.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Required Service Drivers] micront.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Required Service Drivers] micront.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "C:\Documents and Settings\Beerded\My Documents\framxpro\FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40.exe" -win
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [Required Service Drivers] micront.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [ICQ Lite] C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe -trayboot
O4 - Startup: Konfabulator.lnk = C:\Program Files\Pixoria\Konfabulator\Konfabulator.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - res://c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\aoltbhtml.dll/search.html
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: ICQ Lite - {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} - C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ Lite - {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} - C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://awbeta.net-nucleus.com (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {24311111-1111-1121-1111-111191113457} - file://c:\eied_s7.cab
O16 - DPF: {33331111-1111-1111-1111-611111193457} - file://c:\ex.cab
O16 - DPF: {33331111-1111-1111-1111-611111193458} - file://c:\ex.cab
O16 - DPF: {43331111-1111-1111-1111-611111195622} - file://c:\ex.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1120504110076
O16 - DPF: {A3009861-330C-4E10-822B-39D16EC8829D} (CRAVOnline Object) - http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ravonline.cab
O21 - SSODL: SystemCheck2 - {54645654-2225-4455-44A1-9F4543D34545} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vbsys2.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: AntiVir Service (AntiVirService) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir Update (AVWUpSrv) - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH, Germany - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE


Thanks again for your help
Shane

ps Could you please recomend some other programs that I could download to better protect my pc. I did have a link from another post of some program that would prompt you before it changed your registry but I didnt know if that would be helpful to my situation or not.
I will make some suggestions once we get your computer cleaned up.

I notice that you are using more than one antivirus program. This is very dangerous, as multiple AVs can interfere with one another and actually allow MORE viruses to get through. I strongly suggest you either (1) configure only one antivirus program to enable automatic realtime scanning, and leave the rest disabled most of the time, or (2) go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs and uninstall all but one antivirus program.

Next, please run HijackThis and click "Scan." Place checks next to the following entries:
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Required Service Drivers] micront.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Required Service Drivers] micront.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Required Service Drivers] micront.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [Required Service Drivers] micront.exe
O16 - DPF: {24311111-1111-1121-1111-111191113457} - file://c:\eied_s7.cab
O16 - DPF: {33331111-1111-1111-1111-611111193457} - file://c:\ex.cab
O16 - DPF: {33331111-1111-1111-1111-611111193458} - file://c:\ex.cab
O16 - DPF: {43331111-1111-1111-1111-611111195622} - file://c:\ex.cab
O21 - SSODL: SystemCheck2 - {54645654-2225-4455-44A1-9F4543D34545} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vbsys2.dll (file missing)


You may also optionally check the following entries to be fixed:
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present

If you haven't used Spybot S&D or another protection program to set these internet restrictions, or if your system administrator hasn't set these, check these entries too.

O15 - Trusted Zone: http://awbeta.net-nucleus.com (HKLM)
If you are not familiar with this site, I would check this entry too.


Close all browser and other windows except for HijackThis, and click "Fix Checked" to have HijackThis fix the entries you checked.

Delete the following files, if found:
micront.exe <–This file. I am not sure exactly where it is located. Try using the search functionality in Windows to find the file.
c:\eied_s7.cab <–This file
c:\ex.cab <–This file

Reboot your computer and post a new HJT log.
ok the av programs have been set where avg runs scans automatically, and antivir is just setting there. If you recomend which you think is best though, I will uninstall the other one and use the better one.

I also looked for the files that you said, and also included the hidden files in the search.

Delete the following files, if found:
(Couldnt find this one) micront.exe
(Deleted) c:\eied_s7.cab <–This file
(Couldnt find this one) c:\ex.cab <–This file

Here is the new log;

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:11:50 PM, on 7/16/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Beerded\My Documents\framxpro\FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40.exe
C:\Program Files\Pixoria\Konfabulator\Konfabulator.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Beerded\My Documents\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R3 - URLSearchHook: AOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ICQ Lite] C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe -minimize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVGCtrl] C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE /min
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "C:\Documents and Settings\Beerded\My Documents\framxpro\FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40.exe" -win
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [ICQ Lite] C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe -trayboot
O4 - Startup: Konfabulator.lnk = C:\Program Files\Pixoria\Konfabulator\Konfabulator.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - res://c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\aoltbhtml.dll/search.html
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: ICQ Lite - {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} - C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ Lite - {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} - C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1120504110076
O16 - DPF: {A3009861-330C-4E10-822B-39D16EC8829D} (CRAVOnline Object) - http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ravonline.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{43FD0216-0F7D-4E1A-A404-2B6E83540FCA}: NameServer = 4.2.2.1 216.202.102.14
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{43FD0216-0F7D-4E1A-A404-2B6E83540FCA}: NameServer = 4.2.2.1 216.202.102.14
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
Ok, that log looks clean. How are things running? I don't know that much about AntiVir, so I can't really say how good it is. I personally use AVG and it works great for me.
That is the ActiveX control associated with RA Antivirus. It is not harmful, but you may remove it if you like. If possible, can you donwload the latest updates for your operating system and Internet browser, then post a new HJT log?
I was just about to ask you if I should use another browser besides msie. I hear people talking about browsers that are more secure and wanted to get your opinion. I have tried updating my operating system but am unable to install sp2 for some reason. My computer mechanic tells me thats because I origionally installed windows on a laptop that I no longer use, then tried to install it on the desktop computer that I am on now. Its really a hassel I think but oh well. I realize that sp2 makes it more secure, but my mechanic tells me that I should be fine if I just run the anti-spy/virus programs regularlly, and of course keep intouch with the hijack this community :]
Ok, well, I would highly suggest you figure out how to get your system updated to the latest updates. Even with spyware protection, you are still vulnerable. Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer in order to prevent future malware infections. Please take these recommendations seriously; these few simple steps can stave off the vast majority of spyware problems. As happy as we are to help you, for your sake we would rather not have repeat customers. :P
  • On a regular basis, please navigate to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and download all the "critical updates" for Windows, including the latest version of Internet Explorer. This can patch many of the security holes through which attackers can gain access to your computer.
  • In order to protect yourself against spyware, you should consider installing and running the following free programs:
    • Ad-Aware SE. A tutorial on using Ad-Aware to remove spyware from your computer may be found here. You have this installed currently. Please keep it updated and run it on a regular basis.
    • Spybot-Search & Destroy. A tutorial on using Spybot to remove spyware from your computer may be found here. Please also remember to enable Spybot's "Immunize" and "TeaTimer" features. You have this installed currently. Please keep it updated and run it on a regular basis.
    • SpywareBlaster. A tutorial on using SpywareBlaster to prevent spyware from ever installing on your computer may be found here.
    • SpywareGuard. A tutorial on using SpywareGuard for realtime protection against spyware and hijackers may be found here.
    Keeping these programs up-to-date and running them regularly can prevent a great deal of spyware hassle.
  • Please consider using an alternate browser. Mozilla's Firefox browser is fantastic; it is much more secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also has the best built-in popup blocker (as an added benefit!) that I have ever seen. If you are interested, Firefox may be downloaded from here.
  • Also make sure to run your antivirus software regularly, and to keep it up-to-date.
Please also read Tony Klein's excellent article: How I got Infected in the First Place

Hopefully this should take care of your problems! Good luck. :D
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI