This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Heard of These?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

My nephew and my son dowloaded these programs. I have no idea what they are and what they do, but my nephew said Gnoozle is a P2P thing, and my son said Furcadia is an RPG. I've searhed with google and found out that what my son and nephew told me was true. What I want to know is–Are these programs safe? Those "knuckleheads" downloaded these programs after I explicitly told them not to download anything else since this computer was just cleaned of malware, spyware, and trojans :angry: . Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Dee
"Gnoozle" is a file sharing network. Anytime you start "sharing" files with complete strangers, you're only as "safe" as your antivirus program keeps you… File sharing can (and often does) lead to sharing of things you DON'T want as well… I don't know much about the other program….. Personally, I wouldn't join a "file sharing" network for love nor money no matter how "safe" they say it is… I value my machine more than that…. That's just my 2 cents (for what it's worth)… ;)