This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

System is too slow

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have Intel® Pentium ®4: BIOS VER: LY84510A.86A.0029.P11 Processor:X86Family15 Model 1 Stepping Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz System Bus Speed: 400 MHz System Memory Speed: 133MHz Cache RAM: 256KB Total Memory: 127MB (76%Load) DIMM Memory Connector:Kingston KVR133x64C3/128 (4No.:0246PT09,D1616ST-75) (Seen 54 connectors/IC) Memory Bank: 128MB(PC133) C:14823/19992MB (Free/Total) D:12107/18150MB System Resources:86%Free Windows:98(4.10)Build 2222 Presently using:Windows XP SP2 My system is too slow while we click some icons/programs,it is too late to get page open.If I click another link/icon,its too slow.I want to know the solution.Will I get increased speed after adding a memory card,what are specs/model for this memory card which need to be added.Tell me the best place to shop this memory card. What these figures represent: Kingston KVR133x64C3/128 (4No.:0246PT09,D1616ST-75) ( 54 connectors/IC)
hi,

windows alone is using at least half of your 128mb. another stick should make a big difference in perfromance. adding memory is one of the cheapest and easiest upgrades to do. make sure you have aopen dimm slot for the new memory module.
plenty of info here:

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurat…KVR133X64C3/128
http://www.kingston.com/
http://www.crucial.com/

http://www.kingston.com/support/howto/
http://www.upgradememory.com/Memory_Instal…9$86$
Do I have to consider latency while purchasing it: Latency: The time between initiating a request for data and the beginning of the actual data transfer. On a disk, latency is the time it takes for the selected sector to come around and be positioned under the read/write head. Channel latency is the time it takes for a computer channel to become unoccupied in order to transfer data. Network latency is the delay introduced when a packet is momentarily stored, analyzed and then forwarded.
hi,

Do I have to consider latency while purchasing it:


no, not at all. but i would stick with a major brand like crucial,kingston or micron
Can I insert 128 MB,168 Pin,PC100-222-620 (AZEN RAM)(taken out from another computer) alongside Kingston KVR133x64C3/128. Azen Ram is double sided,8 chips either side,having following part# on it: 0364804PT3C 10 29L6083 IBM BR52 945402770 Q
So, u mean ultimately I will not get a speed better than now having PC133,128 MB. Is there any impact of inserting PC100 into PC133 Slot?
forget about the pc100/133. the increase in performance will come from the> added memory<, you should now have 256mb of ram, not 128.
This is taken from Systeminfo text file.

Total Physical Memory:    126 MB
Available Physical Memory: 32 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size:  2,048 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 2,003 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use:    45 MB


Why I don't see 256 MB RAM?
This data achieved after pressing Control+Alt+Del and subsequent options:

Totals
Handles 9734
Threads 412
Processes 45

Physical Memory
Total 128816
Available 43360
System Cache 60976

Kernal Memory
Total 33128
Paged 26892
Nonpaged 6236

Commit Cahrge
Total 221792
Limit 507376
Peak 247072

PF Usage: 216 MB
CPU Usage: 5%

Need your kind comments/views,suggestions.
Thanks
hi,

your only seeing 128mb because there must be something wrong with the module you put in.check out these guides: they all have tools to help you decide what you need for the computer

http://www.crucial.com/store/listmfgr.asp?cat=RAM

http://www.memorysuppliers.com/howtoinallty.html

http://www.valueram.com/support/installguides.asp

http://www.kingston.com/
—————————
you know the part number:
Kingston KVR133x64C3/128
take that info to any place that sells computer items and buy a new stick. it dosnt have to be kingston.
I know Intel-D845GLLY requiring Kingston PC133-128MB SDRAM. Intel: D845GLLY Thanks for these vauable links. My present target was to do experiment by insering AZ RAM PC100 in PC133 Slot. I know Intel-D845GLLY requiring Kingston memory. Intel: D845GLLY I done a detail experiment with all 3 possible cases: I-Inserted PC100 in Slot#1 with PC133 in Slot#0,it read 126 MB. II-Inserted PC100 only in Slot#0,it read only 64 MB and Ssystem was excessively Slow but working.Why PC100,128 MB reading only 64MB? III-Restore Status-I to get reasonable Speed andmemory, I did not touch connectors fearing ESD from my body may damage module.How can I clean it?Can I clean it by Alcohol?
hi,

Why PC100,128 MB reading only 64MB


dont know why.


How can I clean it?Can I clean it by Alcohol?

i would clean it with contact cleaner or nail polish remover and a swab, moist only not dripping.

save yourself some grief and buy a new stick

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI