This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Laptop Upgrade

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Gateway MX6437 Laptop with the following specs HArd drive BUS: Ultra ATA 133 OS: WIndoes XP with SP2 CPU Type: 1.8GHz AMD Turion 64 ML-32 Standard RAM 512 MB (removable) Maximum RAM 2.0 GB RAM Expansion 2 sockets RAM Comments PC2700 DDR SDRAM SODIMMs I understand that sometimes having too much RAM is useless due to processor-memory bottleneck, so given my Processor information, can anyone tell me would it make my computer faster if were to get a 1GB RAM and use it with the the existing 512mb RAM that I have (there are two slots). Thanks.
TBH I would go to the Crucial site and let that scan your system, it will list ram guaranteed to be compatible with your system and should make a great difference, and the price these days is so cheap it's a no brainer IMHO.
You will need to install and accept any prompts then it will list the best option first, done this for 2 mates now and each time they really felt the benefit, hope you do too.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI