This message keeps coming up on Anti-vir and gives me the deny access option. I am not sure what it is and am afraid to delete it in case it is part of my system restore on XP. Don't know if I am able to delete it, or how to go about it.
This is the message I recieve:
C:/SystemVolumeinformation\_Restore{6CD01810-EFB9-4AF0-A405-DE07EB8CD51D}\RP40\A0004839.EXE
Is the Trojan Horse TR/Dldr.Wren.l
Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, ~Sugar
Run your anti-virus to remove it (it may not find it because turning system restore off wil flush all previous restore points).
After your antivirus says your "clean" turn system restore ON and create a clean restore point.
To do that, go to:
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
Make a clean restore point, then reboot.
Please note that doing this will flush all previous restore points. All that means is that you won't be able to restore your machinie to any point execpt the one you just made because they will be gone.
Make another Hijack This! log file & copy/paste it into this thread.
I looked at the last log you posted on 06/20. The only thing I saw in it was that you have "Wild Tangent" installed on your machine. It is considered to be "spyware". You can go to:
Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs
and remove it that way. If you do, reboot after to complete the uninstall.
There is a minor "down" side to this. Some web based games require the Wild Tangent web driver in order to play. If you remove this, you can't play them.