Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

problems installing visual studio 6.0

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ninjagore

ninjagore

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:11 AM

I received the disk from my school (ITT). It is supposed to give me assisstance in my "Intro to Comp Programming"class (don't laugh..I'm just getting started in this whole computer game). When I go to download it, a 16-bit Window Subsystem pops up, stating "C:..WINDOWS..SYSTEM32..AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft Windows applications." I was wondering if any of you have any insight on this. I could drive to ITT and ask them, but i figure there are people who know much more about computers than the teachers at ITT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:16 AM

Are you clicking on anything to begin the installation or does it start automatically when you put the disk in. If so What is the name of the file your click ing on

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"