This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

USER ACCOUNTS

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My friend has been playing around with her PC and has lost her desktop icons and the My Documents folder is blank. Basically she set up a different user account for herself without even realising it!! I am trying to get it back to the original desktop and My Documents folder. I already entered into Safe Mode and deleted her user account. However there is another user account called ADMINISTRATION which I cannot seem to delete. The main ADMINISTRATOR account is also there and I am logged in as Administrator (which has the desktop icons and My Docs folder that she wants back). Any suggestions, or am I being silly??? Thank you in advance.
Hi, sorry to hear of your friend's problem.
I'm not sure why you are trying to delete the administaration account and why you have deleted her user account….. this will have had all her stuff on it!)
Please don't try to delete any more accounts…..but instead have a look here:
http://www.petri.co.il/copy_user_profiles_in_windows_xp.htm
An easy way out of the problem is to set up a new account for your friend and copy all the documents and data etc from her last backup into the new account.
Alternatively you can transfer her stuff for her into the new account.
See here for details
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151
Regards
paws
Sorry, I dont think I explained very well. I am trying to delete an account called ADMINISTRATION not ADMINSTRATOR. Can you help? Thank you.
EEJIT, you would delete the ADMINISTRATION account the exact same way you "deleted her user account."

You'll need to be more specific if you want specific help. Is there a reason why this method is not working? Is there an error? Why can you not delete this account?

I already entered into Safe Mode and deleted her user account. However there is another user account called ADMINISTRATION which I cannot seem to delete.


This doesn't tell us why you cannot seem to delete it?
The only thing I can think of is ADMINISTRATION is the account that is logged on. If that's the case, you can't delete the currently logged on account. Login as Administrator, then you should be able to delete ADMINISTRATION.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI