Okay… so my friend did a major sweep for spyware and adware after months and months of doing nothing about it. She also loaded Grisoft's AVG AntiVirus 7. AVG started causing problems right away. When she plugged in her digital camera via the USB port, her PC would blue screen and blame an AVG file as the problem. AVG was removed, but had a dramatic uninstall, where it actually crashed and the whole process had to be redone. She lost the ability to download pictures from her camera (XP doesnt see the camera anymore) after that. Recently, she noticed that her CD-Rom no longer reads data CDs, now it only reads music CDs. When she tries to access a data CD it says: D:/ is not accessible incorrect function I had her delete the CD-rom from the Device Manager and let XP reinstall the XP drivers. I also had her toggle the IMAPI-CD-Buring COM service. On an old forum, I found that two other people had the same problem, but there was no solution given. I noticed that in her registry there was an AVG folder left behind, so I went ahead and nuked that. I'm not sure where to start with this one. Any help is greatly appreciated.