This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Zone Alarm & AVG disabled

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I downloaded a free program thinking to be a Simulator, it disabled my Zone Alarm, AVG, D - drive, 2 removable drives and I cannot access anything from the CD drive. I tried to use a crossover cable to access this computer but it appears that the ZA or something is blocking the access somehow. Therefore, I can turn the computer on and see the Desktop and access the C - drive but cannot use the programs I mentioned above plus AFT and HJT and cannot add or remove or copy anything from the computer. I cannot do the HJT Scan. I may be able to E-mail the program to the Administrator if you think you can open it up and see how it works, and hopefully find a way to access the computer and fix the damage. Just tell me how ( I guess zipped up), and the link to send it to! The exe is OK unless you run it. Can anyone help!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI