Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE6 hungapp

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 danr

danr

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:01 AM

IE6 hangs after displaying a New Window within an open window using xml. Think I have traced it back to xml. Seems to happen, and very repeatable, when a new window is opened within an open window then closed. New window is accessing same website. IE6 then waits a minute then > 'hour glass' then > 'not responding'. My application is a webpage inside WebCT. All addons disabled ( from safe mode), third party extensions not allowed. Ad-Aware ok, SpyBot, CCleaner OK, cwshredder OK, MicrosoftAntiSpyware OK WinXP home sp2 , IE6 sp2 , all latest Win & IE updates This is what I know: happens every time with certain Word generated html webpage, ie, save as Web Page seems to be associated with 'Autoshapes' debugging this, I found two(2) things I can do to make it "not hang" 1. remove this <html from beginning of webpage <html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR...TR/REC-html40"> 2. remove the 'Autoshape line' from doc xmlns refers to a name space used in the body, but that is about the extent of my xml knowledge Do I not have access to something? Is something missing? Is there an error? Happens on my PC & other PCs running XP Pro so this is not isolated event. Occasionally, while debugging, the symptoms just go away. It just stops failing until I close IE then open IE again. I don’t know what is failing so can’t reproduce this consistently. Spent many hours finding this much, so it is time to ask for help from the experts. What is the next step? Dan :blink:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 danr

danr

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:36 PM

If this is posted in the incorrect forum, feel free to move it. Dan :huh:

#3 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:40 PM

post the link to the page you get hung on

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#4 danr

danr

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:52 PM

The link is:
http://webct.frontra...IPT/TR_Rositer/
however, it is only accessable when your userID is assigned to that class.
Webpage will not even be visible.

Dan

#5 danr

danr

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 02:57 PM

More debug, since removing this code scrap makes problem stop,
??what happens if I remove each name space individually??

<html xmlns:q="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml"
xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR...TR/REC-html40">

+++++++++++++
remove namespace by assign alt name:
xmlns:q="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" no hang
xmlns:q="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" hang after one open
xmlns:X="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" hang after second open

:unsure:
Dan

Edited by danr, 08 June 2005 - 02:58 PM.

#6 danr

danr

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 12:55 PM

Well, after downloading the latest group of upates from MS, symptoms have gone away. Guess they found something after all. Dan :D

#7 baby rock

baby rock

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:23 AM

Can you give me the link to update MS

#8 danr

danr

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:00 PM

Link to ms update