This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows XP Update

36 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

That error means there is a problem with the XML system.

Download this regisry file and unzip it. Double click ocxdllreg.reg to run it. This will add "register" and "unregister" options to your right click menu.

Go to C:\windows\system32 and find the list of dll files whose names start with "MSXML". Right click each one you find (they will all be together in the lsit) and choose "register" from the menu. Don't worry about the error you get that some cannot be registered.

Once that is done, try windows update again.
I did all that you asked. I was able to get into WU. I clicked on Express.It said something about some files that needed to be registered, click here to let WU do it. I clicked and it froze. Do you think this has anything to do with the fact that I can't access my email? I've been checking it through the internet, but I can't get to it on my computer.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI