This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Java Plug-In 1.4.0_01 ?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I have a few questions about all this Java stuff and hope you can also help me on this one…. First of all I have a Plug-in in the Control Panel, do I need this? And if not…how can I get rid of it? Control Panel : Java Plug-In 1.4.0_01 There are also several folders on different locations in the pc one with capitol one not and Java stuff is spread all over as you can see. I have copied and pasted some of them here so you can see whereabouts. Do i need all this and is it ok to leave it and/or can it be removed? C:\WINDOWS\java C:\Program Files\Java C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\ADO\adojavas.inc C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSADC\adcjavas.inc C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.0 C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.0\bin C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.0\javaws-1_0_1_02-win-int.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32 C:\WINDOWS\inf\java.PNF C:\WINDOWS\inf\java.inf C:\WININST0.400\MSJAVA16.INF I hope you can also tell me why if so these files should be there. Thanks for your help, Steven.
you may not ever use the control panel, but getting rid of it may require uninstalling (sun)java from your computer via the add/remove programs panel. if your running xp sp 1 you should have m$ java application installed on your computer also. to see if you have both see this link:
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/switchvm.xml

as for all those files all over the place, thats pretty typical when you uninstall something in windows.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI