Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Java Plug-In 1.4.0_01 ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Steven

Steven

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:10 PM

Hello, I have a few questions about all this Java stuff and hope you can also help me on this one.... First of all I have a Plug-in in the Control Panel, do I need this? And if not...how can I get rid of it? Control Panel : Java Plug-In 1.4.0_01 There are also several folders on different locations in the pc one with capitol one not and Java stuff is spread all over as you can see. I have copied and pasted some of them here so you can see whereabouts. Do i need all this and is it ok to leave it and/or can it be removed? C:\WINDOWS\java C:\Program Files\Java C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\ADO\adojavas.inc C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSADC\adcjavas.inc C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.0 C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.0\bin C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.0\javaws-1_0_1_02-win-int.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32 C:\WINDOWS\inf\java.PNF C:\WINDOWS\inf\java.inf C:\WININST0.400\MSJAVA16.INF I hope you can also tell me why if so these files should be there. Thanks for your help, Steven.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:12 AM

you may not ever use the control panel, but getting rid of it may require uninstalling (sun)java from your computer via the add/remove programs panel. if your running xp sp 1 you should have m$ java application installed on your computer also. to see if you have both see this link:
http://www.java.com/...lp/switchvm.xml

as for all those files all over the place, thats pretty typical when you uninstall something in windows.
How Can I Reduce My Risk?