This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't post new topic in HJT forum.

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I click to post a new topic I get this message:

Board Message
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum

You are not logged in, you may log in below


Am I somehow blocked from posting a new topic or is it just a temporary error? I need to post a HJT log to get some help. I was able to get into this forum just fine.
Hi… Be patient.. I'll let an admin know your problem and see if they can get it figured out for you… When it is fixed, I'll have them notify you.
Hi ahelaumakani

I just checked the permissions in the Malware Removal Forum and there does not seem to be any board settings reason why your post would be blocked.

There is a remote chance that your browser may have some temps or cookies that are interfering with your general ability to post here at WTT. (I do note that you were able to post into MS Windows with not problem)

So just to rule that out… You may benefit by using your Browser's tools to delete temps and cookies. and then close and restart your browser.

Note: Remember that when you clear out "cookies" you will be required to manually login at this and other sites where username and passwords are required.

Post back if you are still having difficulty.

Best Regards
Hi ahelaumakani,

It has been reviewed and the board functions are working correctly.
Sometimes, Members experience difficulty because they may have accidentally attempted to post into the Self Help Fixes for Spyware / Malware Forum where Members are not allowed to post due to need to leave those Self Help Fixes undisturbed.

When posting a Malware Removal problem, you should post your log into the HijackThis Log and Infection Removal Forum

Please use the link below to go to the HijackThis Log and Infection Removal Forum where you may click on New Topic to compose and post your problem.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/HijackThis_L…emoval_f27.html

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI