This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

DVD-RW Reading/Writing Problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Pioneer DVR-A08 drive, but when I try to use it to read DVDs or DVD-Rs, it will not read them. It is fine when I use it for CD or CD-R discs, but dvds won't work. I thought it might be the drivers, but I'm not too sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
hi are these movie dvds that wont play or dvds you created and burned yourself? a silly question: you do have software capable of playing dvds right.
Well, I've tried both. The drive worked before yesterday morning but when I tried to burn discs the drive wasn't recongizing the discs. I've also inserted a commercial dvd but that didn't work either. It just stopped working. I've had the drive for about 8 months
you might try looking in device manager and see if the drive is listed. i have gone through 2 cdrw drives over several years that mysteriously have stopped working also. check out pioneers website for troubleshooting and your computer makers website.
The drives are showing within the control panels. I'm able to use the drive for CD-rs but I just can't use it for DVDs which is weird.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI