This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Setting up wireless router with laptop

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My laptop was connected to the internet with a wireless router and cardbus. We had a thunderstorm and suddenly the laptop could no longer find the signal. I tried in my amateurish way to connect again, but failing miserably went back to the landline. Now I want to try and set up the network myself again but don't have the slightest idea of how to do it. I have: a Wireless_G Router and an EZ- Connect G Wireless Cardbus Adapter. There are 3 CDs : 54Mbps Wireless LAN Router, Wireless-G LAN PCI Adapter/ Wireless-G LAN Cardbus Adapter and EZ Installation Wizard and Documentation. I have no idea how to go about this or in what order. Can somebody please explain it to a numbskull. Thanks in advance Dianelt
How many computers will be on the network? You shouldnt have any problems what-so-ever, e/thing now days is pretty much "plug and play". Also you said "went back to land line".. is that the same modem your going to use and if not.. does the one you want to connect to the net say its connected?
Hi Crow, thanks for answering. There will be two or three pcs on the router (one is on win98 and won't pick up the signal, but that's another story). Its the same cable - I just unplugged the router and plugged in the laptop, but it means being shut away in a cupboard almost. The problem for me is the instuctions mean nothing- I just don't know what's what. I didn't see them set it up in the first place, and whenever I try it says "no signal" even though router is "bleeping" happily. Dianelt

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI