This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Extra Hard Disk Drives...

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently got a DVD burner which has been nothing but great since I got it. Last week I got a PLEXTOR VCR/TV/CAMCORDER to computer transfer box and it came with WinDVD creator which also has been nothing but great. I also remembered that I had Roxio Easy CD and DVD creator but I didn't have a DVD burner back then so I installed it because I thought it might have some better options than WinDVD. It didn't….. so I uninstalled it. When I uninstalled it I tried going back to WinDVD to burn a movie and it won't read my DVD drive and also the FAT and FAT32 drives now appear in the My Computer Hard Disk Drives section and they have what appears to be remnants of the Easy CD and DVD creator program. Can anyone help me figure how to get rid of these stupid files and possibly get my computer back to its original settings?
Have you tried re-installing WinDVD? That will not clean the Roxio files but it will re-assosciate the files needed to run with WinDVD and should fix your problem. I am not a fan of Roxio.. and for this reason you posted. You can get the files off but your probably going to have to do it manually and while I have done it a hundred times if I have done it once.. I cant remember what and were. Might call or go thier site (Roxio's that is) and look for support.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI