This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

i got a dvd burning problem

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I wanted to burn a dvd in my dvd drive but it can't detect the disc. It can read dvd movies and cd's but it doesn't detect the unwritten dvd+r. Also,I looked around on different web sites and one said microsoft doesn't have built in dvd maker software on the computers. I know my computer had "Simple DVD Maker", "DVDit!" and "Adobe Premiere 6 LE" but they all disappeared a few years ago when the computer got a virus. I was wondering if there was a way to get those programs back.
And have you tried several different blank disks? Have you moved your computer lately..say from one room to the next or what have you? Check your IDE's (ribbon cables) and make sure connected to the drive and done so securely.

I wanted to burn a dvd in my dvd drive but it can't detect the disc. It can read dvd movies and cd's but it doesn't detect the unwritten dvd+r.



Might it be possible that the dvd+r your trying to record to has already been written to once…? As dvd+r's can only be recorded on once. (of course if this were the problem it would tell you to please insert a blank disk)

Also you mentioned you had 3 disk's… you might try and find a couple more just to be sure. I just recently purchased 100 cd+r's and so far out of almost half used I have had to toss about 12 of them for not being any good at all.
Well I hate for you to have to go out and spend any money on them as i am quite sure you know .. they aint cheap. But thats sure whats its looking like may be the cause..
I just noticed that in the "My Computer" the icon for the drive says DVD-RW Drive (F:) and the DVD disks i have say DVD+R. Does this mean my DVD drive can only use DVD-RW and DVD-R?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI