Hello
I uninstalled "sothink dvd movie maker" with Revo uninstaller as it was loaded with ads etc unless you bought the pro one.
Avisynth 2.5, ffdshow[rev2583], Haali media splitter are entries in add/ remove.
I don't recall seeing these(not sure) but don't want to remove what belongs here as I also have VLC media player and WMP which may be related to them..
When I install another converter/burner I would not want these entries to corrupt the installation.
Can I assume Revo cleared out all add/ remove entries associated with Sothink or not?
Thank you
They say assumption is the mother of all……. I'm sure you get the idea, not sure anyone could give a cast iron answer, not unless they know such things in such detail to know what they are likely to do, but that said I have always selected all and deleted all findings that Revo shows me, and I have yet to have a problem, and as a safety net Revo's 1st job when running the uninstaller is to create a restore point, so logically you can always return to before removing the program if it was needed, but the safe option is if in doubt then just leave them, but that defeats the purpose of using Revo, so it's up to you, I don't foresee a problem no matter which way you go, but only you can decide whats best for you, hope this helps a bit.
They say assumption is the mother of all……. I'm sure you get the idea, not sure anyone could give a cast iron answer, not unless they know such things in such detail to know what they are likely to do, but that said I have always selected all and deleted all findings that Revo shows me, and I have yet to have a problem, and as a safety net Revo's 1st job when running the uninstaller is to create a restore point, so logically you can always return to before removing the program if it was needed, but the safe option is if in doubt then just leave them, but that defeats the purpose of using Revo, so it's up to you, I don't foresee a problem no matter which way you go, but only you can decide whats best for you, hope this helps a bit.
I appreciate your reply and do agree with the contents.
Peter
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI