This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

AdClicker-AF Trojan

58 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Looks good to me! Hopefully McAfee doesnt pop up with a trojan warning again anytime soon. Thank you so very much. Looks like I will be opening a paypal account to repay you/the site for your wonderful work. Thank You!!
Good to hear! Glad I was able to help!

If you wish, you can make a donation to the Site(linky at the top of the page)… I won't accept any money for what I do here… I do this as a volunteer :)

Now some suggestions…..

To clean up any remnants that may have been left behind, I suggest doing a couple online virus scans. A couple good ones are Panda ActiveScan and TrendMicro HouseCall. Let them fix anything they find. Reboot between each scan.

Visit this page for proper configuration of both Ad-Aware and Spybot. Run and scan with both(remember to update them first), letting them fix whatever they find. Reboot between each scan.

After that reset your System Restore Point. This will ensure a nice clean backup to fall upon if you ever need it. To do this:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. Click the System Restore tab.
3. Check the "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all drives"

Reboot your computer, follow the steps above, this time unchecking the "Turn off System Restore" and reboot.

Along with Ad-Aware and Spybot, you might also want to look into installing SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, and IE-SPYAD. You can grab them from the links in my sig. The programs are free and can be updated, so please remember to do so. Installing these will go a long way in preventing reinfection.

If you don't have one, I recommend installing a Firewall. I'm sure you've heard of ZoneAlarm.

Check out the links in my sig named How'd I get Infected and Understanding Spyware as well, some good information for you.

You should think about updating XP to Service Pack 2 as well. It fixes a lot of security issues.

Other than that, remember to update Windows frequently, update your protection programs, scan often and…

Surf Safe!
I am closing this topic as it has been resolved.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI