Cara
Topic Starter
Hi,
I have some kind of hijacking on my computer that I can't get rid of! I've tried ad-aware, spybot, trojanhunt, not to mention that I have an always up-to-date McAfee scan going every night. I ran HJT and removed the files that seemed related based on some internet advice, but it won't go away! the allaboutsearching.com registry item seems to regenerate! My HJT log is below. If anyone can help me, I'd really truly appreciate it!
___________________
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 10:19:53 AM, on 5/4/2004
Platform: Windows 2000 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\pctspk.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\RANT\beremote.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 3.8\THGuard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common files\WinTools\WToolsA.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\FINDFL~1\Amok loud.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Common files\WinTools\WToolsS.exe
C:\Program Files\Common files\WinTools\WSup.exe
E:\Software Tools\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://allaboutsearching.com/passthrough/i…p://about:blank
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {8952A998-1E7E-4716-B23D-3DBE03910972}_ - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINNT\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKAGENTEXE] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKDetct.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 3.8\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinTools] C:\Program Files\Common files\WinTools\WToolsA.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wave sixth] C:\PROGRA~1\FINDFL~1\Amok loud.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CountrySelection] pctptt.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Related (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .exe: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\nppdf32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…8035.5440856482
O16 - DPF: {A8658086-E6AC-4957-BC8E-7D54A7E8A78E} (SassCln Object) - http://www.microsoft.com/security/controls/SassCln.CAB
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = SCresmgt.local
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = SCresmgt.local
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = SCresmgt.local
_______________
The domain at the bottom is the network I'm on. Thanks so much for your help!
Cara
I have some kind of hijacking on my computer that I can't get rid of! I've tried ad-aware, spybot, trojanhunt, not to mention that I have an always up-to-date McAfee scan going every night. I ran HJT and removed the files that seemed related based on some internet advice, but it won't go away! the allaboutsearching.com registry item seems to regenerate! My HJT log is below. If anyone can help me, I'd really truly appreciate it!
___________________
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 10:19:53 AM, on 5/4/2004
Platform: Windows 2000 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKSrvr.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\pctspk.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\RANT\beremote.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 3.8\THGuard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common files\WinTools\WToolsA.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\FINDFL~1\Amok loud.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Common files\WinTools\WToolsS.exe
C:\Program Files\Common files\WinTools\WSup.exe
E:\Software Tools\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://allaboutsearching.com/passthrough/i…p://about:blank
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {8952A998-1E7E-4716-B23D-3DBE03910972}_ - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINNT\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKAGENTEXE] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MskAgent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSKDetectorExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\SPAMKI~1\MSKDetct.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 3.8\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinTools] C:\Program Files\Common files\WinTools\WToolsA.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wave sixth] C:\PROGRA~1\FINDFL~1\Amok loud.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CountrySelection] pctptt.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Related (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .exe: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\nppdf32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…8035.5440856482
O16 - DPF: {A8658086-E6AC-4957-BC8E-7D54A7E8A78E} (SassCln Object) - http://www.microsoft.com/security/controls/SassCln.CAB
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = SCresmgt.local
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = SCresmgt.local
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = SCresmgt.local
_______________
The domain at the bottom is the network I'm on. Thanks so much for your help!
Cara