This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Error Caused By Trajan-spy.html.smitraud.c

10 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi drewski,

Don't forget to re-hide all files and folders. To re-hide all files and folders:
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading deselect "Show hidden files and folders".
  • Check the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.
To prevent re-infection in the future:
  • I suggest you download Spyware Blaster to prevent the installation of Spyware in the first place.
  • IE-Spyad puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all and I suggest you download it.
  • Another excellent program I recommend is SpywareGuard. It provides a degree of real-time protection solution against spyware that is a great addition to SpywareBlaster's protection method.
  • I recommend that you read a thead titled So how do I get infected in the first place? by Tony Klein which informs you on how to tighten the security of your PC.
Take care,
TJ
This topic is closed, if you need it reopened please contact us by clicking here.
Include a valid, working link to this topic in your email request. You must also put "reopen" in the subject line.
If any of this is missing or you are not the topic starter, the mail will be deleted.
:wavey:
Thank You

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI