This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can Anyone Tell How To Open This File

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recovered this file "CAF1.EXE" from a damaged floppy using Flopshow but I am unable to open it. It is a supposed to be a screen saver with pictures of air force squadron members that I got from a vet. I am unable to contact him for a replacement of these vintage pics. When I try to open it in win2k I get "The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS:0000 IP:0077 OP:f0 37 05 0c 02" and the option to close or ignore. Choosing ignore does nothing. Can you please tell me how I can view this file? I tried to attach it but the system will not allow it. Thanks very much.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI