This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Help Extracting Files from Winrar!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi all, I compress some video files using winrar on my laptop (windows 7). But, when I try to extract the files on my desktop (windows xp) using winrar, it says "read error in file" and says Retry and OK. After I click OK button, it again says "read error in file". Then, I click on cancel button. Then, a pop up appears that says: ! Read error in the file F:\movies.rar ! The request could not be performed because of an I\O device error. Also, there are 3 buttons: Close, Break Operation and Copy to clipboard Clicking on Break Operation button does nothing. I didn't understand one thing: when I compress files using winrar, then why can't I decompress the same files using the same software (Win Rar). Is it due to the fact that I compress and decompress files on different OS (albeit uses the same software)? Can anyone please let me know the solution to this issue? Please let me know if there is any way to extract files.
Already tried it but thanks, i copied the files to my desktop without compressing them and i don't need the solution now..:-)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI