This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Horrible Problems

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:unsure: I have read your New Member page. I am a "newbie" and it would seem from my log that I have a major problem for which I need help with. Please help me. I don't know what to do with any of this. I read ? that I shouldn't post my log yet, so I won't. Thank you for any help. :rofl: I do believe someone will be doing this if you look at my log and start up logs. Thanks Joanne I just saw my post and I don't know what the bottom Warn?? is. Is that my Post Icon? I am sorry to seem like such a complete idiot.
Hello vaisforlovers , Welcome to the forum.

This is what I suggest you do.

Download CWShredder from my signature below. Unzip it on the desktop.
Open CWShredder and with ALL other windows closed, click fix.


Go here and run at least one of the online scans, allow them to delete whatever they find:

TrendMicro HouseCall
eTrust AntiVirus Web Scanner
Panda ActiveScan
Note any thing that can't be fixed
Reboot when done.

Next:

Even if you've already run these, make SURE they're up-to-date and run per instructions.

Make sure you have the up-to-date versions of Spybot V 1.3 and Ad-aware SE Build 1.05 . All are free and available below.

Download Spybot, install and update. Then download Ad-aware, install, and update.

Spybot:

Install the program and launch it.

Go to Start > Programs >Spybot > Search & Destroy and choose Spybot S&D

Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
Click the button to "Search for Updates" and download and install the Updates.
Next click the button "Check for Problems"
When Spybot is complete, it will be showing "RED" (RED) entries "BLACK" entries and "GREEN" (GREEN) entries in the window
Put a check mark beside the RED (RED) entries ONLY.
Choose "Fix Selected Problems" and allow Spybot to fix the RED (RED) entries.

Ad-Aware FULL SCAN:

Install the program and launch it.

First in the main window look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

From main window :Click Start then under Select a scan Mode check Perform full system scan.
Next deselect Search for negligible risk entries.
Now to scan just click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and click Next)

Empty Recycle Bin

Reboot and "copy/paste" a new HJT log file into this thread.
Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
:scratch: I have read your reply but since I never posted my log I thought I would do that now. I understand that it may take time to receive an answer.
I hope I am correct in doing this ie posting log. I probably was supposed to do that first.
I have Spysweeper and Microsoft spyware and AVG antivirus. Should I also use Spybot. I had this before and I have read they have made major changes and I also understand that I maybe need another spyware?? All my programs are up to date and I run them freq.
Not sure bout posting this part but will. This may all be fine but is having same processes with different user names the norm? At this point I think I will wait for a reply esp. about the Shredder program/.
Thank you so much for helping me. I hope I didn't go against "forum etiquette" and posting log and then jumping to other problems.
:blink: As you have guessed I am so lost but I have read some posts and you are a total wonder and I am glad I found this board.
Joanne

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:34:26 PM, on 4/9/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\SatDirect Plus\DVB Receiver\MD_DvbReceiver.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\Desktop Architect\datray.exe
C:\Program Files\Broadband4PC\bin\Server4PC.exe
C:\Program Files\SatDirect Plus\DVB Receiver\IPConnMan.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\imapi.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\UPHClean\uphclean.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopIndex.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopDisplay.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopCrawl.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOE.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~3\bin\IBMain.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Joann\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.htcomp.net/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.htcomp.net/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://search.qsrch.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx (disabled by BHODemon)
O2 - BHO: IBBHO - {12BA043E-293E-4CE4-A8C7-8460934FE801} - C:\Program Files\IncrediBar\bin\IBBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: IncrediBar - {D8073790-84C7-4602-BF77-C6ACBF1612E4} - C:\Program Files\IncrediBar\bin\IBTBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DvbReceiver] C:\Program Files\SatDirect Plus\DVB Receiver\MD_DvbReceiver.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Desktop Architect] "C:\Program Files\Desktop Architect\datray.exe" -S
O4 - Global Startup: Server4PC.lnk = C:\Program Files\Broadband4PC\bin\Server4PC.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Add animation to IncrediMail Style Box - C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\bin\resources\WebMenuImg.htm
O9 - Extra button: IncrediBar - {023FA804-DCE1-4817-94ED-6BA4200F9AF2} - C:\Program Files\IncrediBar\bin\IBTBar.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .mp3: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin3.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: YExplorer1_8US.CAB - http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_8us.cab
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…90/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…,23/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {F00F4763-7355-4725-82F7-0DA94A256D46} (IncrediMail) - http://www2.incredimail.com/contents/setup…p1/imloader.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A3B23BED-06AB-458B-9898-F21AB9470136}: NameServer = 205.171.3.65 205.171.9.251
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:01:51 PM, on 4/9/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\SatDirect Plus\DVB Receiver\MD_DvbReceiver.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\Desktop Architect\datray.exe
C:\Program Files\Broadband4PC\bin\Server4PC.exe
C:\Program Files\SatDirect Plus\DVB Receiver\IPConnMan.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\imapi.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\UPHClean\uphclean.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopIndex.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopDisplay.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopCrawl.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOE.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~3\bin\IBMain.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Joann\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.htcomp.net/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.htcomp.net/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://search.qsrch.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx (disabled by BHODemon)
O2 - BHO: IBBHO - {12BA043E-293E-4CE4-A8C7-8460934FE801} - C:\Program Files\IncrediBar\bin\IBBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: IncrediBar - {D8073790-84C7-4602-BF77-C6ACBF1612E4} - C:\Program Files\IncrediBar\bin\IBTBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DvbReceiver] C:\Program Files\SatDirect Plus\DVB Receiver\MD_DvbReceiver.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Desktop Architect] "C:\Program Files\Desktop Architect\datray.exe" -S
O4 - Global Startup: Server4PC.lnk = C:\Program Files\Broadband4PC\bin\Server4PC.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Add animation to IncrediMail Style Box - C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\bin\resources\WebMenuImg.htm
O9 - Extra button: IncrediBar - {023FA804-DCE1-4817-94ED-6BA4200F9AF2} - C:\Program Files\IncrediBar\bin\IBTBar.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .mp3: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin3.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: YExplorer1_8US.CAB - http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_8us.cab
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…90/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…,23/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {F00F4763-7355-4725-82F7-0DA94A256D46} (IncrediMail) - http://www2.incredimail.com/contents/setup…p1/imloader.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A3B23BED-06AB-458B-9898-F21AB9470136}: NameServer = 205.171.3.65 205.171.9.251
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe

Your ? was how is computer running? Spybot found registry changes which I fixed and other that that I had no problems. So I guess that it is OK :scratch: except for the slow shut down and infreq Internet errors and has to close.
Thank you again for all your help
Joanne
I suggest you do this:

Run HijackThis again and put a check by these.

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)


Close ALL windows and browsers except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"



Restart in Safe Mode:
Restart your computer.

Press F8 after the Power-On Self Test (POST) is done. If the Windows Advanced Options Menu does not appear, try restarting and then pressing F8 several times after the POST screen.
Choose the Safe Mode option from the Windows Advanced Options Menu then press Enter.


Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Clear "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
Clear "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.


Open C:\Windows\Prefetch\ Delete ALL files in this folder.



Do this also if these Temp Folders are part of your OS.

Also in safe mode navigate to the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.


Next navigate to the C:\Documents and Settings\(EVERY LISTED USER)\Local Settings\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Finally go to Control Panel > Internet Options. On the General tab under "Temporary Internet Files" Click "Delete Files". Put a check by "Delete Offline Content" and click OK. Click on the Programs tab then click the "Reset Web Settings" button. Click Apply then OK.


Empty the Recycle Bin

Reboot and "copy/paste" a new HijackThis log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:15:51 AM, on 4/11/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\Program Files\SatDirect Plus\DVB Receiver\MD_DvbReceiver.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\imapi.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
C:\Program Files\SatDirect Plus\DVB Receiver\IPConnMan.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\Desktop Architect\datray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Broadband4PC\bin\Server4PC.exe
C:\Program Files\UPHClean\uphclean.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopIndex.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopDisplay.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopCrawl.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOE.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~3\bin\IBMain.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Joann\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.htcomp.net/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.htcomp.net/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://search.qsrch.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx (disabled by BHODemon)
O2 - BHO: IBBHO - {12BA043E-293E-4CE4-A8C7-8460934FE801} - C:\Program Files\IncrediBar\bin\IBBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: IncrediBar - {D8073790-84C7-4602-BF77-C6ACBF1612E4} - C:\Program Files\IncrediBar\bin\IBTBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DvbReceiver] C:\Program Files\SatDirect Plus\DVB Receiver\MD_DvbReceiver.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Desktop Architect] "C:\Program Files\Desktop Architect\datray.exe" -S
O4 - Global Startup: Server4PC.lnk = C:\Program Files\Broadband4PC\bin\Server4PC.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Add animation to IncrediMail Style Box - C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\bin\resources\WebMenuImg.htm
O9 - Extra button: IncrediBar - {023FA804-DCE1-4817-94ED-6BA4200F9AF2} - C:\Program Files\IncrediBar\bin\IBTBar.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .mp3: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin3.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: YExplorer1_8US.CAB - http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_8us.cab
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…90/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…,23/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {F00F4763-7355-4725-82F7-0DA94A256D46} (IncrediMail) - http://www2.incredimail.com/contents/setup…p1/imloader.cab
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe

That was more work for a beginner but I did everything you said.
Let me add this. I tried a repair on my own on 11/17, screwed up and then it was upgraded by my ISP on 11/18. When the hidden files were shown I found everything I did still on the computer from the 17th obv. as hidden. I checked some things and there are 7000+ files albeit hidden still there. Does this present a problem?? :dumb: I am too tired to continue.
My computer is probably in a lot better condition than I realize. At lease I hope. Until you read the new log.
Thank you so much. I hope that somewhere along the line I didn't screw up, but at this point it seems, a lot of mistakes can be fixed thanks to you.
Joanne
Lets see if any bad guys are hidden. So far your log looks very good :thumbup:

Then download this program.

http://downloads.subratam.org/DllCompare.exe

Open the program and click the "Run Locate.com" button.
Then click the "Compare" button (this will take a few minutes)
When it finishes click the "Make Log…." button.

Post the dll compare log to this thread.
:wall: I was having fun til I tried to make a log and nothing happened. I downloaded program (do I save or just run?) saved it and then ran it with no problems. (Do you need subfolders?) It compared with no problems, it just won't make a log and I know it may take a while to download all it found, but NOW what am I doing wrong? Task manager showed 2 dll files running and not responding if that helps. One more ? Since I am not on a network but let me ask this first. Do I ever need to go to Administrative stuff? It just interests me, but I do believe it is not there for me. But there sure are a bunch of services running and proceses having to do with networking. BTS - how do I make it make a log? Thanks and I am shocked that the last log was a thumbs up. All due to you. Joanne :D

7000+ files albeit hidden still there. Does this present a problem


I've never counted the hidden files myself. I'm sure there are alot. I wouldn't think they'd cause a problem unless they are bad guys.



DLL compare: It compared with no problems, it just won't make a log.


If nothing was found, it wouldn't show any files so there's now option to make a log.


Since I am not on a network but let me ask this first. Do I ever need to go to Administrative stuff

?

You should be able to do whatever is needed under your login.


But there sure are a bunch of services running and proceses having to do with networking.


That's normal. If you look at the amount of usage they are using, it'll be 0%.







Good Job :thumbup:


Log looks good :D :thumbup: How is it running any issues?

Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn it back on.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Click Start> My Computer, select the Tools menu and then Folder Options, after the new window appears select the View tab…]
This time select the: Restore Defaults
Select: Apply, and click OK




If you dont have these three programs I would recommend that you get them. Spywareblaster, Spywareguard and IESPY AD. They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening. I also have a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.

Safe Surfing. :D
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI