Please see my problems that show up when I run LIVE UPDATE. I think this might be the problems that I have with my PC but aren't caught with the HJT…PLEASE HELP!!
Thanks,
Chad
****Problem 1****
Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
NAVNT 10.00.10
LiveUpdate was not able to complete this update.
The files below could not be updated by LiveUpdate:
———————————–
File: C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~1\navapsvc.ex^
158376 Bytes 8/17/2003 18:34:02 v10.0.0.109.
File: C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~1\Navlnch.dl^
74920 Bytes 8/17/2003 18:34:10 v10.0.0.109.
File: C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~1\Navlucbk.dl^
1049768 Bytes 8/17/2003 18:34:10 v10.0.0.109.
*****Problem 2*****
Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
NAVNT 10.00.10
LiveUpdate was not able to complete this update.
The files below could not be updated by LiveUpdate:
———————————–
File: C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~1\navapsvc.ex^
158376 Bytes 8/17/2003 18:34:02 v10.0.0.109.
File: C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~1\Navlnch.dl^
74920 Bytes 8/17/2003 18:34:10 v10.0.0.109.
File: C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~1\Navlucbk.dl^
1049768 Bytes 8/17/2003 18:34:10 v10.0.0.109.
I have had pretty good results using the Symantec support site in the past.
Usually they provide fairly detailed instructions for solving problems. I searched for your problem and got over 100,000 hits. With out more details I can't direct you the correct link. Which version of NIS are you using?
I think this might be the problems that I have with my PC but aren't caught with the HJT
What problems are these?
If the problems are indeed related to malware rather than NIS problems, I can't help you there.
Thanks for your response. I have NIS 2004. As for the PC problems, my computer runs slow and takes forever to open a new window both onlilne and off. This includes a blank word doc to the Adaware program. It's so frustrating. What can I do, I'm not that PC literate.
Thanks,
Cz
I was unable to find this exact problem on the symantic site quickly.
I am not giving up, but it may take me some time to find.
In the meantime can you post some of your computers specs?
What type of processor at what speed does it have?
How much ram?
What size hard drive? Is it close to full?
maynard42
Thanks for your questions…the first list below comes from the symantec website in regards to the NIS 04 I have. Not sure if that helps at all….
NIS2004
Operating System Windows XP
Operating System Version 2600
Service Pack Service Pack 2.2.0
OS Language en-us;English (United States)
Available Memory 15560
Available Disk Space 12378
CPU Type 586
Internet Explorer Version 6.0.2900.2180
Product Name Norton Internet Security
Product Version 7.0.0.177
Norton AntiVirus Present nav_2004
LiveUpdate Version 2.6.14.0
SCSS false
Product SKU 10098800
Subscription Service Name Subscription Service
Subscription Service SKU 10098797
Subscription Language us
Subscription Begin Date 20050331
Subscription End Date 20060401
Subscription Length 366
Remaining Days for Subscription 363
Subscription in Warning Period no
Subscription Expired no
Norton WMI Present true
Product Activation Status
Subscription Software Version 2.4.1.2056
Missing Product Processes
Third-Party Firewall Internet Connection Firewall
Windows Event Log Disabled false
Common Client Status
Audit Mode false
Compatibility Mode false
The following informations comes from Gateway, it's a list of what my PC has….this should be what you asked for….
Processor
Intel Celeron, 1200 MHz
BIOS
GATEWA - 20010919 09/19/01
Memory
127MB physical
90% free resources
Video
Graphics Adapter: Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller
Screen Area/Colors: 1024x768 pixels, 16 million colors
Monitor: EV700
Drives
C:\ (NTFS) 19092MB total, 12372MB free
D:\ CD-ROM/CD-RW or DVD Drive
Network and Modem
(modem) GTW GTW V.92 Voice Modem
(net) Intel Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection
(net) Microsoft Direct Parallel
Operating System
Windows XP SP2 (Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2)
Original setup date: 4/24/2002
DirectX Version: 5.03.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
Swap file managed by Windows
File cache managed by Windows
Browser
MSIE 6.0; AOL 9.0; 5.1; SV1
Proxy: No proxy set
HTTP level: direct 1.1, proxy 1.1
Scripting version: 5.6.0.8820
chadthegap,
I am still unable to find this problem on the Symantec site. If you are sure your machine has no viruses that could have interfered with Norton's operation,
I would probably try uninstalling and reinstalling NIS (provided you still have the installation media).
There are some other things I might try if it were my machine, but I would be hesitant
in to recommend them to someone else. I fear I have reached the end of my abilities to help you trouble shoot this problem.
Did you try searching the Symantec knowledge base?
If someone else has any Ideas, I'm sure chadthegap would love to hear them.
maynard42
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI