This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Second Hard Drive Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an E Machines 330 which only has a 20 gig hard disc. I was recently given another 20 gig hard disc which I slaved to the system. I copied all of my music and various other (important) files onto it. All went well for a few days, but then the disk check thing ran one time I booted up and since then I cannot access the drive. The link for it is still on my desktop but when I click it I get the following message: "D:\ is not accessible. The wrong diskette is in the drive. Insert (Volume Serial Number:) into Drive D:\" I have not changed anything at all, and when I try to right-click the drive in My Computer, I cannot access it that way either. PLEASE, PLEASE help!
well i dont know what to tell u besides format the drive and start over… u SHOULD have backed up any data u consider real important to a cd-r or dvd etc this should be a common practice with data u cant afford to lose.
you might try this: turn computer off, open case, disconnect power and IDE ribbon cable to drive. reboot. then shut down reconnect power and IDE ribbon back to drive—reboot

you might try this:

turn computer off, open case, disconnect power and IDE ribbon cable to drive. reboot. then shut down reconnect power and IDE ribbon back to drive—reboot

147580


If you mean the cable from the PC to the hard drive, I have tried that and it didn't work.

you might try this:

turn computer off, open case, disconnect power and IDE ribbon cable to drive. reboot. then shut down reconnect power and IDE ribbon back to drive—reboot

147580

Hi,

If you mean the cable from the PC to the hard drive, I have tried that and it didn't work.


yes, thats what i meant. visit the HD makers website, they have utilities (diagnostic) troubleshooting info, FAQ etc– that may be of help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI