This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problems Viewing Jpeg, Gif Files

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My sisters computer has somehow stopped viewing her JPEG and GIF files in anything except Paint or Kodac Image Viewer… can someone tell me what program they should be opening in? I do not know what program was the windows original viewer. Her OS is Windows 98 SE Thanks Yaya
Hmm, I think it should be Internet Explorer when you don't have anything else to view them in. I know the PaintBrush version on XP views JPGs but I don't think the Win98 version does. To change it, click "My Computer" then hit "Tools" (or is it "View in Win98? I can't remember!) then "Folder Options" and then click "File Types" look for the entry for JGP and the one for GIF and just alter them to another program, such as IEXPLORE (Internet Explorer).

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI