This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Error Loading C:\windows\system\shellext\msdserv.d

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I just received a computer from someone trying to upgrade from Windows98 to Windows 2000. Booting up in Windows 98 I get a Rundll Text Box message indicating "Error loading c:\window\SYSTEM\ShellExt\MSDServ.dll. I am not a big windows OS tech but I cannot verify if this is a legitimate file or bogus Registry entry. If it is legit, how do I retore this file? Any help would very much be appreciated. Thanks :)
Hello Mactech, and Welcome to the Forum.

There are 2 places I use regularly for good info on most -dll- files:

- http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?…ion/dllinfo.asp (MS DLL Help Database)

- http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/index.shtml

…however, the "msdserv.dll" file you are asking about was not found at either site (hmmm…maybe suspicious?). But a MetaSearch of the web at IxQuick came up with a good possibility - would you know if they "had a memory card reader installed…"? If so, see this site:

- http://news.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main…ixconnrite.html

Let us know with a post, -yea- or -nay- if that helps.