I tried to play a video disc and Windows wouldn't recognize the file type. So I went online to find an upgrade that would. Found a program "ParetoLogic". After I downloaded the initial program, I realized it wasn't what I wanted. I decided to remove the program. Now I get this message:
RUNDLL
Error loading C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\ParetoLogic\UUS2\UUS.dll
I guess it's a stray file that didn't get deleted. The message pops in from time to time. How do I get rid of it?
Try reinstalling it, then also install Revo Uninstaller. Use it to uninstall ParetoLogic.
What it does is run the normal uninstaller for the software, then it scrubs the hard drive and registry of any left over junk. This has worked very well for me and others.
Before doing any of the above, it would be a good idea to create a new System Restore point in case something goes wrong. Unlikely to have a problem but it's always best to be on the safe side.
Hello Hx. Rich's solution will most likely resolve your problem. However, if it fails (which is not very likely), please use the specific instructions from here and see if it helps or not.
Also, you might want to try VLC Media Player to try and play the video disc. It will recognize and play most kinds of audio and video formats that Windows Media Player sometimes cannot recognize.