This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Spyware Problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I have a program that everyday takes over my home page and adds favorites to that column. It is My Search-find4u. I have adaware ,antivirus and a firewall. Nothing works. Also I have a small green icon that appears several times a day at the bottom of my screen that freezes my mouse. I have to unplug the mouse and insert it back into its slot, then it works. Any ideas?
Could you download HijackThis, create a new folder called C:\HijackThis, extract the HijackThis.exe file from the zip file into the new folder and run it from there to scan your computer. When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Save the log, Ctrl-A to Select All and post it here for examination. Don't fix anything yet as most of what it lists will be harmless.