Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Spyware Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stormin29

stormin29

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 05:14 PM

I have a program that everyday takes over my home page and adds favorites to that column. It is My Search-find4u. I have adaware ,antivirus and a firewall. Nothing works. Also I have a small green icon that appears several times a day at the bottom of my screen that freezes my mouse. I have to unplug the mouse and insert it back into its slot, then it works. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Daemon

Daemon

Retired Staff-Malware Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 05:19 PM

Could you download HijackThis, create a new folder called C:\HijackThis, extract the HijackThis.exe file from the zip file into the new folder and run it from there to scan your computer. When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Save the log, Ctrl-A to Select All and post it here for examination. Don't fix anything yet as most of what it lists will be harmless.

#3 stormin29

stormin29

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 07:39 PM

I just downloaded Spybuster. Do you think that will help?

#4 Daemon

Daemon

Retired Staff-Malware Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:12 AM

I am not familiar with it. Post your log, we should be able to help you from here.