This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Problems Installing Directx 9.0b...

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi, first things first…for some reason, I can't seem to install DirectX 9.0b. I currently have DirectX 8.0. When I try to install it, a window pops up and it freezes or stops (it never begins). I recieve the following message "Software you are installing has not passed Windows logo testing." Now when I also tried install some windows updates, I recieve the same message. I've already checked the website http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/ and still, it doesn't seem to help. I've read from a different forum that this could be something with the NVdia Display Adapter or a virus of some sort…I have no idea.

Any comments or suggestions? If more information is needed, please ask me as I will replay ASAP. Thanks.
You may need to rename a folder called catroot2 in c:\windows\system32. If one of the catalog files in the catroot2 folder becomes corrupt some updates will fail to install properly (or without errors that they have not passed logo testing).