Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Problems Installing Directx 9.0b...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wunasty

wunasty

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 09:16 PM

Hi, first things first...for some reason, I can't seem to install DirectX 9.0b. I currently have DirectX 8.0. When I try to install it, a window pops up and it freezes or stops (it never begins). I recieve the following message "Software you are installing has not passed Windows logo testing." Now when I also tried install some windows updates, I recieve the same message. I've already checked the website http://v4.windowsupd...m/troubleshoot/ and still, it doesn't seem to help. I've read from a different forum that this could be something with the NVdia Display Adapter or a virus of some sort...I have no idea.

Any comments or suggestions? If more information is needed, please ask me as I will replay ASAP. Thanks.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Guest_shanmuga_*

Guest_shanmuga_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2004 - 12:30 AM

You may need to rename a folder called catroot2 in c:\windows\system32. If one of the catalog files in the catroot2 folder becomes corrupt some updates will fail to install properly (or without errors that they have not passed logo testing).