Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Disknag

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GDOGG

GDOGG

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Building Cheap 1.5ghz and below computers and selling them to people that dont need a 3.0ghz Computer

Posted 07 January 2005 - 02:07 AM

Hey there is the programme on a Dell computer "Disknag" needed what i've read is that its just a reminder for backing up to diskette, I have a friends computer that says at start up this "Disknag Invalid Picture" not sure what that means but I found what disknag was, would it be alrite to end this process at start up? Cheers :scratch: :scratch:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 07 January 2005 - 02:33 AM

Yes, you can kill it.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 GDOGG

GDOGG

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Building Cheap 1.5ghz and below computers and selling them to people that dont need a 3.0ghz Computer

Posted 07 January 2005 - 02:38 AM

cheers crow your a good man

#4 GDOGG

GDOGG

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 04:58 PM

Still having problems with mates computer, downloaded the setup file for adaware se but when I go to run it a box with the message "INSTALATION ABORTED, INTERNAL ERROR" and when i try and run hijack this a box appears "HIJACK THIS....INVALID PICTURE" they are aloso having probs with there email, no text in opened mail or pictures. :scratch:

#5 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:03 AM

hmm.. thats not good there.. try this , if your buddy is running XP or 2k ..put the instal disk in the cd drive .. exit out of it when it pops up.. o..wait.. this is a dell right.. ok .. click on start.. run.. type command... at the prompt type SFC /scannow and hit enter.. and then post back and let us know if it runs it.. or not.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#6 GDOGG

GDOGG

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:27 AM

No need to worry they ended up wiping the hard drive and starting from scratch..... cheers mate :thumbup: