This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Frequent Router Restart Required

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I could use a little help resolving some wireless connection issues. Every day (at least once) I have to unplug my router and restart it in order to get a connection. The connection gets restored, but it is bit of a nuisance to go through the troubleshooting procedure every time I open IE or Chrome. I am using a Dell laptop running Windows 7, with a Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card network adapter. The router is a Trendnet Wireless N Home Router TEW-652BRP. The same problem occurs regardless of which laptop we are using (we have 3 in our home network), and our desktop PC which is hardwired to our modem has no connection problems, so I'm reasonably sure the issue is with the router itself (or its settings). I just have no idea how to fix it. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thx, Jeff
Ztruker is probably correct and on the right track.

However, Win7 has demonstrated some perplexing intermittent problem presentations when added to a previously well functioning network.

Are all your Machines running with Win7?

If not, disconnect the Win7.
Set up your network and run only with non-Win7 machines connected (don't even have a Win7 machine turned on, since it probably has a wireless adapter)

Have a look here to get a compilation of recently noted problems and some potential solutions.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums…3b-d239a1a7ce1e

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI