Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91983 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Spyware And Registry Entries

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_scott_*

Guest_scott_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:32 PM

I have recently had a problem with spyware on my system. I installed and ran adaware and hijack this along with cwshredder. I eventually got the computer back to working order and have had no further problems other than when I run adaware it keeps coming up with an ebates directory. I am not sure if there is something on my system that is causing that. There are also several registry entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE. I deleted the ones I knew were spyware like Powerscan and Incredifind. here are some I am still unsure of: CDDB INTUIT LOADPEXRF SUPPORT.COM EASY SYSTEMS JAPAN LTD. GEMPLUS The last two seem to have appeared since I last checked the registry. I am most concerned about the support.com one. Can I delete this whole key from the registry? Is anyone familiar with this key? Thanks for he help.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 snapdragin

snapdragin

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:Computer security, Graphics/Art, Music

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:38 AM

Hi Scott, i would not suggest deleting anything from your Registry unless you are very sure what it is exactly you are deleting, and of course make sure you back your registry up first and have set yourself a Restore Point to go back to should anything go wrong. You could do a rescan with HijackThis (make sure you have nothing disabled at startup) and post the scan here so an Expert can advise you if there is something else showing that might help determine what is causing you the problem and how to safely go about correcting it. regards, snap

#3 Guest_scott_*

Guest_scott_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2004 - 10:32 AM

Thanks. I have done all that. I am not really having any problems anymore so I am just going to let it be. I just thought that the support.com may be a spy. I am just trying to cover all my bases. I ran Hijack This many times. My log is pretty trim. I deleted a lot of entries and things are running pretty good. Thanks for the help.