Hi all,

I've done a scan with eTrust Pest Patrol (free scanner) & it found a spyware called websearch toolbar (Hijacker) i scan with my Ad-Aware, Spybot & MS anti spyware…they didnt found this spyware only pest patrol free scan did.

Pest Patrol gave my the exact place where this spyware is located…I know we must be careful with the Registry so i'd like to know if its safe to delete this key???

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{8952A998-1E7E-4716-B23D-3DBE03910972}

ive done in search in google for this HKEY & i came up with this:

Item Found: Registry Folder
Item Vendor: IBIS Toolbar
Item Type: Adware
Item Name: {8952A998-1E7E-4716-B23D-3DBE03910972}
Item Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{8952A998-1E7E-4716-B23D-3DBE03910972}


Thank very much for all your help :)…sorry if im the wrong section of the forum.

P.S. thanks very much to pskelley for the help (and infos) on My previous post :) , sorry i never check back i thought everything was fine after 1 day since nobody reply if there were something i should be concernedwith my Hijackthis Log. I'll check more often from now on.