This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Spyware Guard 2008

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am working on a PC that has Spyware Guard 2008 on it, and for some reason, I am unable to install Hijackthis or Malwarebytes Antimalware. I even tried using a flash drive with the programs on it, to no avail! I have read the manual uninstall instructions posted at bleepingcomputer.com, deleted all the files it indicated, deleted the registry keys indicated, but when I reboot, there it is, sticking it's tongue out at me, laughing while it performs it's dog and pony show. Is there anyone with advice that can walk me through how to get rid of this nonsense once and for all? ***Edit Hijackthis Log posted
You will need to download Hijack This and post in the HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal Forum. Here is how to do that, read it carefully!
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…ers_t34502.html
If you cannot run HijackThis or other tools, just skip the step you cannot do and create a new topic without HijackThis log. Somebody of the anti-malware team will be able to help you.

Do not reply to your own topic as helpers look for topics with zero replies and if you are not being helped after five days, I recommend that you read and work through this to get high priority:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Do_If_Y…ays_t83910.html

Good luck!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI