Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Activex Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ladyjane988

ladyjane988

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 01:26 PM

Hi: I'm a new member to this forum, so I hope I have done this properly and in the right section. :wtf: I have Spybot, Ad-Aware, HiJack This, Spyware Blaster, & Spyware Guard on my computer. This morning Spyware Guard popped up in my Taskbar. This has happened before, so I ignored it because this happens I understand, when a hijacker tries to access the computer. When I closed the window I was in, there was an error message: Run-time Error '429' ActiveX component can't create object What caused this problem and what do I have to do to fix this? Startup Mechanic also gives this message when I try to run it. Everything is updated and I have run them all. JPaul :scratch:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 23 December 2004 - 02:40 PM

Hi new member ladyjane988. Heres what you need to do. Open hijack this and scan but do not fix anything yet. save a copy of the log and then come back here and copy ansd paste the log into a new thread under the "hijack this problems" forum :)

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"