This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Ran Spybot + Antivirus But I Am Having Problems Wi

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

1) IE homepage reset to "about: blank" each time I shut down. It appears to be a search/shopping page. Other settings on IE also appear to be reset. 2) I've been pop-up free for a while. Now I'm getting pop-ups… mostly for anti-spyware. 3) Can't revert to earlier time. When I try to restore to an earlier time I get the message "cannot be restored to (date)" 4) items in control panel/ add/remove programs that I don't recognize: - C-Dilla Licence Management System - Home Search Assistent - midADdle -Shopping Wizard Can't remove these. Message is usually that it can't find, but in the case of C-Dilla, it says, "16 bit Windows Subsystem C:\windows\system32\autoexec.NT The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose "close" to terminate the application." Buttons for "close" and "ignore" are available. I am running Windows XP. Tried Spybot S&D and it fixed some things. Tried scanning w/ Norton AV and it too fixed some things. Same problems exist. Oh yeah, one other thing… when I restart, the "Connect To" box comes up as if I want to connect to the Internet. I hit the close box ("X") and another "Connect To" box comes up. This happens 4 times. I hope you can help!!!!! Kind regards, Chuck p.s. Galadriel- I'm very sorry for PMing you earlier today from the other forum. I read the other forum's info after I had done that. No excuse. Please forgive me.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI