Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Making Internet Explorer Secure?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 d1scg0lf3r

d1scg0lf3r

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 09:22 AM

I was wondering if anyone could point me toward some links or make some suggestions on how to make IE6 a more secure web browser. I am referring to options such as activeX, Java, Cookies, etc. I am currently using the following products on my pc for spyware/virus protection: Trend Micro Internet Security (Virus Protection, Email Scanning...) Ad-aware SE Spybot S&D Spyware Blaster Spyware Guard Linksys Router (Firewall) Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
[COLOR=blue]

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Siggyx

Siggyx

SuperHelper

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 08:49 PM

I would add IESpyad to that list, it is in my signature below. There is also a tutorial on how to harden IE. Hope that helps.

#3 d1scg0lf3r

d1scg0lf3r

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:14 AM

Thanks very much for the links :)

Quick question though, it says

Microsoft VM                Setting
Java permissions          High Safety

How do I set this in windows xp? Java is not included so if you want Java you have to download it directly from sun. Doing this does not allow contol through the internet options...
[COLOR=blue]

#4 Siggyx

Siggyx

SuperHelper

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 01:50 PM

Its a bit outdated for Java, Sun java is secure so dont worry about it. Main issues is not to have Script on auto and have activex on either disable or prompt.

#5 Tucker

Tucker

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:19 PM

I am a novice and wondered where I might find these areas that you are suggesting that is script and activex as i went to "internet options" and could see nothing to adjust there. I would appreciate comments, :scratch: <- <- that is me regarding the location of these settings :blink: Thankyou

#6 caperjack

caperjack

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:gggggggggggooooooooooooolllllllllllffffffffffffffff

Posted 02 December 2004 - 05:31 AM

IE/ tools /internet options /security /Custom Levels