This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Making Internet Explorer Secure?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I was wondering if anyone could point me toward some links or make some suggestions on how to make IE6 a more secure web browser. I am referring to options such as activeX, Java, Cookies, etc. I am currently using the following products on my pc for spyware/virus protection: Trend Micro Internet Security (Virus Protection, Email Scanning…) Ad-aware SE Spybot S&D Spyware Blaster Spyware Guard Linksys Router (Firewall) Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks very much for the links :)

Quick question though, it says

Microsoft VM                Setting
Java permissions          High Safety


How do I set this in windows xp? Java is not included so if you want Java you have to download it directly from sun. Doing this does not allow contol through the internet options…
Its a bit outdated for Java, Sun java is secure so dont worry about it. Main issues is not to have Script on auto and have activex on either disable or prompt.
I am a novice and wondered where I might find these areas that you are suggesting that is script and activex as i went to "internet options" and could see nothing to adjust there. I would appreciate comments, :scratch: <- <- that is me regarding the location of these settings :blink: Thankyou