This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Suggest switching from IE6 to Firefox or other browser?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

People keep telling me about Firefox and how it's better than IE… I'm looking for a browser with full-screen capability (I almost always browse in full-screen mode) and that loads quickly and renders Web pages accurately. Plus, I'm looking for something secure, since I recently acquired a virus while using IE6. What do you guys think? Thanks, Dave
Hey Dave,

F11 is pretty standard for full screen mode in most browsers (including IE, Firefox, and Opera).

I believe Firefox is often overly hyped. Along with the hype come inconsistencies. Basically, its reputation exceeds the facts:
Firefox Myths

Don't get me wrong, Firefox is a great browser, and a great IE replacement, but there's so much rigamarole about it that it's hard to know what is true and what's not. I'm someone who likes facts and when I wanted to find an alternative browser, I didn't want to base it on the fluff.

Here's a great overview of the freeware browsers:
Freeware Browsers

Needless to say I went with, and recommend, Opera, as it is factually the fastest, safest, and most compliant web browser available.

Regards,

Ax

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI