This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Know Anything About "excel" And It's Glitches?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

My Excel program got crappy with me today, and I NEED IT badly for work purposes!!!! Each time I try to close it tells me: It has performed an illlegal operation and will shut-down: EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module EXCEL.EXE at 0187:30034c0c. It worked fine until this morning, I have used detect and repair, uninstalled and installed, downloaded some s21 or similar update, NOTHING helps. ALSO… the windows in all my "Office 2000" programs open VERY slowly lately. If this is not the right forum for this post I'm sorry, but DESPERATE! Thanks, Steve W.
WOW…I GOT IT WORKING AGAIN!!!!! After two days of trying EVERYTHIING, I uninstalled Office 2000, then physically deleted it's folders from Program Files. I then ran installation again into a NEW folder, then copied and pasted the results back into Program Files, THEN installed AGAIN into Program Files OVER the pasted results, and Wallah! Excel works again. All the little windows in Office still open slowly, but I can maybe deal with that…..