Using Office 2007 Student Edition…Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (Clean Install)…all Windows and Office updates have been applied…
While using Excel…the application seems to freeze and an error message pops up similar to the first EventViewer log posted below. Havent had any problems in Word. I did uninstall the Live 1.4, but it still crashed.
Message from Event Viewer…
Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 12.0.6514.5000, time stamp: 0x4a89db07
Faulting module name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 12.0.6514.5000, time stamp: 0x4a89db07
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0047b8fa
Faulting process id: 0x1614
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca64838d99693f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE
Another message in the Event Viewer
Application 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Office Live\OfficeLiveSignIn.exe' (pid 5612) cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID..
I am also getting similar IE explorer errors quite often…
Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc69e
Faulting module name: SkypeIEPlugin.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4a77e4da
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x073a3f2b
Faulting process id: 0x113c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca648b222a285f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Faulting module path: SkypeIEPlugin.dll
Report Id: bd439d65-d087-11de-ac52-001e68408ea9
I have been having issues with one of my 5 Dell 6410s. The user has only experienced the trouble with Excel but it generally happens once a week or so. A spreadsheet was open or opening at the time. Outlook was also open.
Office 2003 on Windows 7 Business x64.
Some details:
Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 11.0.8332.0, time stamp: 0x4d322eed
Faulting module name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 11.0.8332.0, time stamp: 0x4d322eed
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002ab8a
Faulting process id: 0x52c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc0ff009f8c86c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE
Report Id: 42ba1dd4-7bf5-11e0-a368-5cac4c07e5ba
Event ID: 1000… Task Category (100).
Error message reports:
Application Error… Software Exception (0xc0000409) at location 0x304b7bc5
Hi Sorry to hear of the problem with one of your computers….
and welcome to the WTT forums.
If you are running it as part of a business…one of 5 machines… then it might be best to consult your usual computer support organisation or a local competent computer technician, as we generally offer assistance to folks who are using their machine(s) for home or private use.
If it is a privately owned machine then it looks as though an uninstall of Office then a reboot and then a reinstall might be the answer.
Presumably you have tried using a System Restore Point created before the problem started?
Regards
paws
I'm actually the IT person here so whether it would be business or private, I'd be doing the work on it. There is no restore point for before the problem started since this was a problem since installing office 2003 when the computer was brand new. I'm pretty sure that reinstalling office wont help, I believe that I have tried that in the past.
I've talked to Dell about it and they don't know what the problem is. Incidentally, I thought (still think) the the problem is related to Bluetooth. I tried installing the newest set of drivers for this an d everytime, without fail, I install deletes all of my files so that Windows basically disappears. At that point I KNOW that I reinstalled Offife. I would have had to once a new copy of windows was installed.
Any other thoughts?
As this is a long standing problem and in view of the additional problems with bluetooth, it maybe is worth considering doing a quick reimage of your boot drive and then with a trouble free Windows installation installing Office again and see how you go.
It shouldn't take longer than an hour or so and may be the quickest way to get a positive solution.
Regards
paws
Any progress on this issue? I have the exact same problem. The machine is a Windows XP running Office 2003. It is happening to one user on multiple machines. I first thought it was the computer or the Office install. After troubleshooting for over a month, I decided to give the user a different computer to use. The same issue occured on that machine as well.
We do not use roaming profiles so I do not think it has anything to do with that. There was an issue with the login name. Long story short: the user account was deleted from Active Directory and then later recreated. Not sure if that has anything to do with the issue since Exel is the only application we have trouble with.
Hopefully there is a solution.
I have been having issues with one of my 5 Dell 6410s. The user has only experienced the trouble with Excel but it generally happens once a week or so. A spreadsheet was open or opening at the time. Outlook was also open.
Hi loharris and welcome to the WTT forums,
Sorry to hear of the problem with one of your users, with the crashing Excel application.
Like the original post it doesn't sound as though this is a problem with a home or private computer…?
Take a look at our forum's Terms of Use…
Here's an extract of the relevant part for convenience:
We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.
If it is part of a business… then it might be best to consult your usual computer support organisation or a local competent computer technician, as we generally offer assistance to folks who are using their machine(s) for home or private use.
However if it is a problem with a private or home related computer issue, then it would be best to start up your own new topic (so as many folks as possible see it) and provide full details of the computers (makes and model numbers) and a brief overview of your set up and the troubleshooting steps you have taken over the last month, and hopefully one of our members will be able to provide you with assistance.
Regards
paws
My apologies, I will try a forum better suited to businesses.
Hi loharris and welcome to the WTT forums,
Sorry to hear of the problem with one of your users, with the crashing Excel application.
Like the original post it doesn't sound as though this is a problem with a home or private computer…?
Take a look at our forum's Terms of Use…
Here's an extract of the relevant part for convenience:
We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.
…
Regards
paws
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI