Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Excel Crashes in Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 packerman1975

packerman1975

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:30 AM

Using Office 2007 Student Edition...Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (Clean Install)...all Windows and Office updates have been applied... While using Excel...the application seems to freeze and an error message pops up similar to the first EventViewer log posted below. Havent had any problems in Word. I did uninstall the Live 1.4, but it still crashed. Message from Event Viewer... Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 12.0.6514.5000, time stamp: 0x4a89db07 Faulting module name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 12.0.6514.5000, time stamp: 0x4a89db07 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0047b8fa Faulting process id: 0x1614 Faulting application start time: 0x01ca64838d99693f Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE Another message in the Event Viewer Application 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Office Live\OfficeLiveSignIn.exe' (pid 5612) cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID.. I am also getting similar IE explorer errors quite often... Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc69e Faulting module name: SkypeIEPlugin.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4a77e4da Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x073a3f2b Faulting process id: 0x113c Faulting application start time: 0x01ca648b222a285f Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe Faulting module path: SkypeIEPlugin.dll Report Id: bd439d65-d087-11de-ac52-001e68408ea9

Edited by packerman1975, 13 November 2009 - 01:09 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 ipsomatic9

ipsomatic9

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

I have been having issues with one of my 5 Dell 6410s. The user has only experienced the trouble with Excel but it generally happens once a week or so. A spreadsheet was open or opening at the time. Outlook was also open. Office 2003 on Windows 7 Business x64. Some details: Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 11.0.8332.0, time stamp: 0x4d322eed Faulting module name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 11.0.8332.0, time stamp: 0x4d322eed Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0002ab8a Faulting process id: 0x52c Faulting application start time: 0x01cc0ff009f8c86c Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE Report Id: 42ba1dd4-7bf5-11e0-a368-5cac4c07e5ba Event ID: 1000... Task Category (100). Error message reports: Application Error... Software Exception (0xc0000409) at location 0x304b7bc5

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:04 PM

Hi Sorry to hear of the problem with one of your computers.... and welcome to the WTT forums. If you are running it as part of a business...one of 5 machines... then it might be best to consult your usual computer support organisation or a local competent computer technician, as we generally offer assistance to folks who are using their machine(s) for home or private use. If it is a privately owned machine then it looks as though an uninstall of Office then a reboot and then a reinstall might be the answer. Presumably you have tried using a System Restore Point created before the problem started? Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#4 ipsomatic9

ipsomatic9

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:56 AM

I'm actually the IT person here so whether it would be business or private, I'd be doing the work on it. There is no restore point for before the problem started since this was a problem since installing office 2003 when the computer was brand new. I'm pretty sure that reinstalling office wont help, I believe that I have tried that in the past. I've talked to Dell about it and they don't know what the problem is. Incidentally, I thought (still think) the the problem is related to Bluetooth. I tried installing the newest set of drivers for this an d everytime, without fail, I install deletes all of my files so that Windows basically disappears. At that point I KNOW that I reinstalled Offife. I would have had to once a new copy of windows was installed. Any other thoughts?

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

As this is a long standing problem and in view of the additional problems with bluetooth, it maybe is worth considering doing a quick reimage of your boot drive and then with a trouble free Windows installation installing Office again and see how you go. It shouldn't take longer than an hour or so and may be the quickest way to get a positive solution. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#6 loharris

loharris

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:58 AM

Any progress on this issue? I have the exact same problem. The machine is a Windows XP running Office 2003. It is happening to one user on multiple machines. I first thought it was the computer or the Office install. After troubleshooting for over a month, I decided to give the user a different computer to use. The same issue occured on that machine as well.

We do not use roaming profiles so I do not think it has anything to do with that. There was an issue with the login name. Long story short: the user account was deleted from Active Directory and then later recreated. Not sure if that has anything to do with the issue since Exel is the only application we have trouble with.

Hopefully there is a solution.

I have been having issues with one of my 5 Dell 6410s. The user has only experienced the trouble with Excel but it generally happens once a week or so. A spreadsheet was open or opening at the time. Outlook was also open.

Office 2003 on Windows 7 Business x64.

Some details:

Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 11.0.8332.0, time stamp: 0x4d322eed
Faulting module name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 11.0.8332.0, time stamp: 0x4d322eed
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002ab8a
Faulting process id: 0x52c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc0ff009f8c86c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE
Report Id: 42ba1dd4-7bf5-11e0-a368-5cac4c07e5ba

Event ID: 1000... Task Category (100).

Error message reports:
Application Error... Software Exception (0xc0000409) at location 0x304b7bc5

#7 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:16 AM

Hi loharris and welcome to the WTT forums,
Sorry to hear of the problem with one of your users, with the crashing Excel application.
Like the original post it doesn't sound as though this is a problem with a home or private computer...?
Take a look at our forum's Terms of Use...
Here's an extract of the relevant part for convenience:

We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

If it is part of a business... then it might be best to consult your usual computer support organisation or a local competent computer technician, as we generally offer assistance to folks who are using their machine(s) for home or private use.

However if it is a problem with a private or home related computer issue, then it would be best to start up your own new topic (so as many folks as possible see it) and provide full details of the computers (makes and model numbers) and a brief overview of your set up and the troubleshooting steps you have taken over the last month, and hopefully one of our members will be able to provide you with assistance.
Regards
paws

#8 loharris

loharris

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:16 AM

My apologies, I will try a forum better suited to businesses.

Hi loharris and welcome to the WTT forums,
Sorry to hear of the problem with one of your users, with the crashing Excel application.
Like the original post it doesn't sound as though this is a problem with a home or private computer...?
Take a look at our forum's Terms of Use...
Here's an extract of the relevant part for convenience:

We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

Regards
paws