This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Stuck at verifying DMI pool data . . . . . . . . .

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

_A friend recommended spamming f1 f9 and f12 at startup. I'm still getting stuck at the same screen no difference at all.

I have a rather spendy computer I'd like to get to the bottom of this and replace what hardware or software that's malfunctioning.

I can get into CMOS no problem. All help greatly appreciated.

I can't see how any of those keys would help, unless they were suggesting restoring the system to out of the box state, which is highly probable what you will end up doing, but there is not a massive amount you can do without it booting, but let's check a couple of obvious checks, and see if anything stands out.

 

The quick check as you can access the bios is look at the system health, and take note of the temp's, if they are high that will be a factor.

 

A wise move is making sure your files are saved so should the worst happen (assuming it hasn't already) you at least will still have your data, if you want to do this you will need to get a copy of Linux, and burn it to disk, or depending which one you use you may be able to put it straight on a thumb drive, Slacko is the one I always suggest, because if I can use it then anyone should be able too lol.

 

Also while in there take note of what hard drive you have in it, then go to that makers site, and download their utility for testing the health of the drive, you will need to burn it to disk, or possibly put it on a thumb drive these days, boot to this and run an extended test on the hard drive, and see if it reports any faults, if it does I suggest making a clone of that drive, and get a new drive to replace it, then put the cloned file back onto the new drive, and with luck it should boot up like you had never had a problem.

 

Once you have checked those when you reply if you could tell us the system spec, or if store bought what make\model it is, along with any service tag or similar on it so we can get a better idea of what you're working with, hope this gets you started anyway.

Right the temp's look fine, although I saw comments that the MCP temp could be bettered by reseating with quality thermal paste, but it appeared to be the norm for stock settings.

 

The spec you pictured is extremely limited, but I can see you have a WD drive, so I would start by getting Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS, and burn it to disk, then put the disk in the problem system, and boot to that disk, then run the extended test on it, this will check if the drive is OK or not, and as it's the simplest this to test (along with the ram), if it turns out to be faulty it saves pulling everything apart, so I suggest setting that running, then let me know if it passes or not, then we can do the same with the ram.

I don't even have access to a CD burner without this system.. I'm just going to pay the store to figure it out in the morning, I am just not equipped to do it myself. I gave my secondary PC away years ago because I wasn't using it lol.

I would still suggest checking the drive and the ram 1st, no point spending money if you don't need too, don't worry about burning to disk, you can load it to a thumb drive, like many things these days, if you scroll down the page linked above, I think it's #2 in the list, there is a link to download instruction's on how to do this, I only glimpsed at it, but it looked very comprehensive, and with pictures to show certain steps, so download that and create the thumb drive using that, then you can boot to that thumb drive in the problem system, then you can use it just like normal, hope this helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI