Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Two minor problems............please

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:21 PM

1) When I have completed my internet banking and log off, before this happens I get the following message from IE 6.0. "Allow sub-frames to navigate across different domains". 'Yes or no' . I click yes and the page closes. Why that message please? 2) I sent to a friend two files which open with MSN Power Point viewer which I have. I always BCC these types of emails to myself to make sure that the attachments do open. When I went into the sent folder on this ocassion, the attachment/S would not open and I got the following message: "These files (DrivingInBolivia.pps and Europa_desde_el_cielo.pps) do not have a program associated with them for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options Control Panel." When I went into Control Panel/folder options, there was already an association for <pps> files If I drag the file from within the email onto my desktop I can open it, but not within the body of the sent email. Would someone know why please? I am using Outlook Express 6.0 and I have never had the above happen before to my attachments in sent file. I checked with my friend and they were able to open the attachment from within their email. Thanks, would like an answer to this curious happening.

Edited by tallin, 01 February 2007 - 10:42 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:31 AM

Regarding: "Allow sub-frames to navigate across different domains"

This feature can be "enabled" such that you'll never see the annoying alert again.
However, doing so "may" expose your machine to vulnerabilities.

CastleCops has a useful review of the situation, here:
http://www.castlecop...P1_amp_SP2.html

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:26 AM

Very good article, thank you very much for that.

Okay, I will leave it on 'prompt' in Internet options - thanks.

Thank you for your post, you have answered the first question for me. Would you agree that the following is correct to answer the second question?

"The sent folder copy of an email does not have the actual attachment, only the reference to it." If that is the answer, I have never struck that before!

Edited by tallin, 02 February 2007 - 01:28 AM.